Thread: Network got hacked

Network got hacked

I am under a big problem and the problem is that my network has been hacked. when i was working on the internet and i just switched on the network meter to check how much amount of data is being uploaded. What i observed that a large amount of data is being uploaded and i was just shocked to see that. So what i did was that i turned of all my file sharing options that i was using between my computers. That too it did not help. I tried tracing the ip addresses and it found out to be two ip address. One was from china and the other one was from Russia. Now what should i do. Help me to get out of this mess.

Re: Network got hacked

Now one possible solution that i can give is that the two ip addresses that you have traced block them from the firewall. So the next time they cant communicate from your system. I would advice you to change your network profile and set up a new one again. Also try changing the key number that is required for entering the network profile. Try changing it to some complex digit so that next time the hacker tries to penetrate the system he will find it difficult to communicate. So just try with this suggestions and hope it works for you.

Hey thanks a lot for your suggestion. What i want to say is that i tried this as per your suggestion. What i found out is that after changing the network profile there was no access of any other user but it remained only for few hours. After some hours i noticed that i was attacked by the other IP address and he happened to enter my system again. This time it was new ip address. Cant find any perfect solution for it. I have tried several times changing the profile but to no help. So any more solutions.

I would advice you to run a good thorough malware scan, one that includes anti-virus, anti-spam, and anti-rootkits. It may give you a temporarily relief. Look out for the temporary accounts in the computer and delete them. It will help to keep the internal attacks away. Upon that keep a firewall software on each of the computer's in the network. try using Webroot Internet Security Complete it is proved to provide much more security then any other anti virus program. If non of those works try changing the operating system to windows 7.

Hey i think so it can be the internal network problem also. Have you cross checked with the internal server. Do have a check with the internal server also. Many a times the situation can arise that some abnormal activity is created by the some one from inside the network. Just to put the blame on others. If you have any internal users in the network try deleting them and don't allow them to access the network for some days and see if there is any change. If change continues then there can be someone outside the network. I the change is not there then you know who is the culprit.