Thread: Some query about ssl,vpn,class D , class E ip addresses.

Some query about ssl,vpn,class D , class E ip addresses.

I have a number of doubts in some fundamental part of networking,
    Question 1)Is it compulsory to have a dns server to run a website? Since DNS are used for converting name to Internet Protocol (IP) mapping and what if I select. I am okay by means of presently by means of "ip-address" for my web-site,Is there any option for a dns server?
    Question 2)Suppose similar to this, if I am eager to make use of class "D" as well as "E" Internet Protocol (IP) address in my LAN. What is the default sub-net mask I be suppose to give?
    Hope I will acquire my worries cleared.

Re: Some query about ssl,vpn,class D , class E ip addresses.

1) In the majority cases you are able to run a website with no DNS, similar to what you talk about, you would presently require on the way to access it by Internet Protocol (IP). I am not certain what you suggest by choice, DNS is what converts names to Internet Protocol (IP) - I do not be familiar with of whichever choice for accessing public websites.
    2) You be able to make use of any Internet Protocol (IP) address you wish on your LAN, on the other hand usually you would make use of an address within the pre-defined private Internet Protocol (IP) address range. The majority software or hardware is considered on the way to work assuming you are making use of an Internet Protocol (IP) address inside the predefined private range.You will require to make use of whatsoever Internet Protocol (IP) address your ISP provide you for the WAN area of things though.

Some more questions: Suppose you encompass a virtual private network (VPN) account by means of the following characteristic: SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption.Now my query about SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption
    suppose similar to this A is your computer B is your ISP provider ,C is your virtual private network (VPN) provider, D is the destination web-site or else hostYou logged in to your virtual private network (VPN) account as well as opened your command prompt furthermore pinging the google.com.As a result you are transferring icmp packets on the way to the google.com(D) by means of the virtual private network (VPN) server ,however you(A) are previously having a encrypted association (i.e. SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encrypted)by means of the virtual private network server, as a result all the icmp packets are travelling within the Secure Sockets Layer protocol, similar to this each and every one of the protocols like http ,how is this achievable? At the moment how Secure Sockets Layer protocol packets seem like?

I also have several query about the size of the packets, what will be the default size of a single network packet? will it be dissimilar according to different protocols? How small we be able to split a packet? as well as how big we be able to link a packet? I be familiar with it might be dissimilar for every protocol ,for the reason that of the means it's being implemented, however if probable be able to one give details me by means of a protocol ,as a result that I be able to recognize this in superior.

First off, Class D as well as Class E network addresses are not going on the way to be normally make use to address a computer or else network. The Class D system is theoretically kept for multicast addresses. Multicast transfer is a entire new topic, I propose several googling on the topic. Class E is presently reserved. Not anything special regarding it apart from that no one actually make use of it to address computers or networks. Stick by means of an RFC 1918 IP system for the inner network.

Well that’s a tired. You are asking a batch of query, however I think a bottom understanding of the Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol suite of protocols is what you actually desire. Possibly another member has a suggestion for a superior Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol Basics book? Anyhow, hope this assist a bit.