Thread: My DNS server is missing

My DNS server is missing

Hello, I in reality disturb My Domain controller left down. I do not be familiar with how; My DNS server as well vanished if I desire to configure DNS services furthermore its state that "To each and every one DNS Servers (Null)" what is Null? As well as it does not configure. I be able to open Active Directory Users as well as websites etc however my DNS is not functioning that's why not any of my single customer be able to access my server, I need to attach them by means of servers IP. Please assist me it's so critical!

Re: My DNS server is missing

Can you tell us that What do your event logs state?Have you tried login to your system locally,can you ping the DC/DNS server's hostname? What does NSLOOKUP come back? We require further information regarding the trouble.Are you able to ping by hostname. If not then mention it as well.

Nslookup state: Cannot discover server name for address 10.10.1.2: Missing domain
    Server: unknown
    Address: 10.10.1.2
    I be able to ping by hostname however My DNS together zone Froward as well as Reverse not both zones disappeared there is not anything other than at what time I attempt generate zone it state" The zone cannot be simulated DNSserver in the (Null) Active directory forest for the reason that essential application directory partition does not survive. As well as one additional thing is that I have replaced the NIC subsequent to replacing it the trouble happen. Kindly assist me on this problem please.

Can you tell us that how many domain controller persist in your domain? You may need to downgrade one of the one Distributed control system(not Primary Domain Controller). How many DNS servers? Finally, what range option are you making use of at what time you try to generate a new zone, attempt selecting: each and every one domain controllers in the Active Directory domain.
    Last edited by Wguy2008; 11-12-2010 at 05:15 PM.