Thread: How to locate the presence of spyware in our system

How to locate the presence of spyware in our system

I have heard about the entry of the spyware without the notice of the user. So i wanted to know how can the user get to know that a particular spyware has entered in our system. What are the problems created by the spyware to our system. I have also heard that spyware's can also enter our system with the java script. Is it possible? Please do throw light on this. Please do solve me out with the queries and do let me know a soon as possible.

Re: How to locate the presence of spyware in our system

Spyware is a program that enters into the system without the knowledge of the user. It enters when the user is performing some downloads, that gives the path for the spyware to enter into the system .Now what spyware's can do to the system, is that it can hijack your system or your browser. It will redirect to some pages that you don't want to go, it will download a particular software without the user's knowledge, it will track the activity of the system's work done by the user. Also it will reset the home pages and will change it to different home page. So the spyware can cause harm to your PC in many ways.

The user will not get to know when the spyware will enter the system. As far as you are updated with the latest anti virus in your system, it will alert you. The various sources of the spyware entering into the system is that by the click on the various unknown links via. E-mail or so. During downloading a particular software it will give you certain links pf the download, better don't click on that as they are the easy source for the spyware's to enter into the system. As per the java script operation on the client side is concerned it all depends on the settings of the browser and vulnerabilities of how successful a attack can be.

Hey thanks for the suggestion. I was not having a knowledge of the particular spyware that can also be entered through programming languages like java. I was confused whether my system will alert me of the entry of the particular spyware in the system. I am a web surfer so i need to be cautious against this spyware attack . So in order to clear out my doubt i asked you all. Thanks for your help.