Thread: Troubleshooting “network path not found” error

Troubleshooting “network path not found” error

We are having LAN connections in our office. As LAN connection provides us with efficient features such as file sharing, internet browsing etc. while sharing the files across the LAN I am facing problem and getting error code 53 displayed on the screen. When I searched for 53 error code on the internet I found that error code 53 resembles “network path not found” error. I want some steps so that I can troubleshoot this error and share the files across the network carefully.

Re: Troubleshooting “network path not found” error

When you are getting error code 53 then you should ensure that file sharing across the network you want to share is enabled. Also you should ensure that file sharing ports must be opened across the network. If the ports are not opened then you should open it and then try to share the files. If the file sharing is enabled and if the ports are opened then you can share the files easily and the “network path not found” error message will be resolved.

When you are sharing the files across the network then you may get the “network path not found” error message because of the firewall system running on your application. You should ensure and disable the firewall software on your system. If the firewall is enabled then it may block the traffic to the network which causes this error message to get generated.

Thanks for providing me the solution for the “network path not found” error message. I disabled the firewall software on my system and started to share the files. Disabling the firewall caused me to resolve from the “network path not found” error message and my files were transferred across the network successfully. I need some more troubleshooting tips for solving “network path not found” error message.

You can follow the tips given below to solve “network path not found” error message:
    1. You should disable the firewall and anti-spyware software because it may block the network traffic and you can get the error message.
    2. Because of router you may face cached to occur. In such situation you should reboot the router.
    3. Make sure that files sharing and ports are enabled to share files inside the network.
    4. You should make sure that the operating systems are properly configured.
    5. If you are facing problem while sharing the files across the network then in that case you can make use of Networkmagic software. Networkmagic is software which can be used to share files across the network.