Thread: Server side Software for Network Audit

Server side Software for Network Audit

I have been running a workstation moreover called as server which is connected by different client computers. Now I am looking for software that can able to run on my server. IT should be a kind of software that will audit all the client computers connected over the network and provide me the individual system specification. The specification includes Processor, memory, bios edition, HDD, etc. It will be helpful if it provide additional information like list of programs installed in each computer and their OS versions. The software should be compatible to analyze these details and respond me at a time of request. I am looking for affordable cost software because I am running small network at my work place. I will be waiting for your kind information.

Re: Server side Software for Network Audit

Network Asset Tracker Pro is an all-inclusive network record key that allows you to inspect all the nodes of network with just one click. You can get entire information about OS, its service packs, hot fixes, hardware, software and running processes on remote or client PCs. Either you can obtain information from remote computer through WMI (agent less method) or, if you have any troubles with WMI, you can apply "NAT Pro - Agent" installed on remote system (agent-based method. Otherwise you can use logon script for scanning remote computers. Other important feature is you can locate modification in inventory data via history of scans. The database for Network Asset Tracker Pro can exist in on any of the subsequent database management systems:
    • Microsoft Access
    • Firebird
    • Microsoft SQL Server
    • Oracle

Total Network Inventory is a PC audit and Network inventory tool for office and out-sized scale enterprise networks. Total Network Inventory cross-examines all computers on a network and reports back with absolute information about OS, hotfixes, hardware, software, processes, etc. on client machines. This information is then further send to the central database. There the network administrators are capable to produce reports about each one or all systems on that network. The program is non-agent so that you won’t need to install any software on remote machines. This software has been designed with the user in mind, which is reflected in its boundary that endows with rapid and inconspicuous routing throughout the program.

There are number of software available to download from the internet which has the feature of network Audit. Some of this software is for free and some costs according to the number of nodes in your network. If you have small network then the software will not cost you much. So it will be useful if you buy software which is only for restricted number of nodes instead of buying a high end utility for all kinds of network. Make sure that the software must have the access to make report and capable to analyze the certain changes the in remote computers. There are some kinds of software which you don’t need to install it on every computer. You can just install it in server and can access the information of the entire network.

If you are really looking forward for buying network audit software then I urge you to choose portable software which you don’t need to install it on computer or in server. The software of such type can use directly from ant portable devices like Pen Drive, External HDD or from CD/DVD etc. otherwise you can buy fully capable software which you must install in server or in all client computer over the network along with the server.