Thread: Is Linksys wmp11 is compatible with windows 7

Is Linksys wmp11 is compatible with windows 7

Hello! Guys, I have recently purchased an eMachines ET1331-02 desktop Computer. And I have installed the Linksys WMP11 wireless card and I have starts the setup DVD disc. After complete setup it asks me to restart the system and after that when I have restarted the desktop it gives me an error message that system is not failed to find the "W32N50.dll" file and it recover back the complete setup. Then I have tried to install the software again and then attempted update the driver after updating also the error message arises. I am sick of this error can you please give the solution of this issue I will be really thankful to you for any suggestion. I have installed Windows 7.

Re: Is Linksys wmp11 is compatible with windows 7

My dear friend, I don't suppose that WMP11 will be compatible on Windows 7. And I have tried to find the driver for it and the latest driver I am able to get is released in the year2003 and I don’t think so that it will work on Windows 7 which is released just a year before. From my experience of Windows 7 I can say that the Windows 7 will detect the adapter, even though after the complete installation of the drivers it will fetch you an error message. As you have motioned that you received the information of "W32N50.dll" file missing, but after getting that file also it will not work. I will suggest you to buy new USB or new PCI.

Eh, Guys I have a week before installed WMP11 in office on four computers, and all are working well and I have installed Windows 7. In my system Windows 7 have installed the wireless card driver with itself automatically and it might ask for driver or else it will not linkup to the wireless router. And you should update the respective drives from the driver CD or else if you don’t have CD with you, download the driver from the Linksys, if you now also not able to connect to the router. Then reboot the system, and uninstall the driver and the card from the card property.

Hello! Kewda, the adapter that you have brought is not suitable to work with Windows 7. I will provide you two options and you have to choose any one of them. My option is you want Windows 7 or Adapter that you have bought. If you want Windows 7 then you should uninstall all the setting of your adapter and you have to buy a new adapter. And if you will choose adapter then you have to uninstall the Windows 7 and install the Window XP. Choose the most suitable for you and enjoy.