Thread: Linksys WRT160N - it takes ample of time in connection startup

Linksys WRT160N - it takes ample of time in connection startup

I have freshly installed a Linksys WRT160N V3 router and it working fine but my problem is that it takes too much time to start connection. I mean to say that the amount of time it takes while the system is started up looking for it, it is too slow in making the initial link. I didn’t have any idea that normally how much time it should take for initial connection. In my system it use to take from 50 seconds to 1minute to make the first connection and frequently it give notification that "it is not able to find the connection", but after 10 seconds it himself finds the connection. From my point of view it takes ample of time to start connection after restarting also it takes that much time to connect. I have tried to resolve this issue but fail to solve it. But after connection is created it gives me full speed and I am quite happy with its speed. I am failing to understand that if the connection speed is this much slow, how the downloading speed is such an awesome! I have installed Windows 7 in my Acer laptop and I have wireless N card of Intel. And I have set the router to Wireless N simply, and I have WPA2-PSK allowed. I have certain things that if this is happening due to the security reason then the speed should also slow down but it is not the case. And I have recently updated the firewall with the latest version. So can any one of you help me out in understanding the reason and please provide me respective solution for this issue.

Re: Linksys WRT160N - it takes ample of time in connection startup

I have also install Linksys WRT160N V3 at my home computer and it is working very well and it speed is double the speed you are telling. You should try the following to solve this issue I am not sure that it will work or not sometime this is helpful to speed up the connection. Very first you should try to stop the WPA and after that check the connection. After these two processes download the latest version of driver suitable for your router and then you should manually browse the driver to the router and install it. Hope it works for you and reply me the result.

Hello! Kewda, I need to give you information that the Wireless connection is generally slow in starting the connection and it use to take in configuring its connection as compared to the wired connection. I would suggest you to reconfigure the modern or router that you are using. And you should try to connect the router with some other computer. And if you are facing the same issue in the whole computer ten you should once again upgrade your router's firmware, and also rearrange the router for 30 seconds, and rearrange all the setting again. And you should decrease the MTU to 1350 and save the setting and restart the system and look the result that it still takes that much time or it is resolved and reply me.

Hi! Friends, you all can’t blame directly to router only for this slow connection, when you start the computer, the wireless driver is loaded along with this driver your all other driver also start loading at the same time after that the PC perform a search for suitable networks, and it finds in some time, and then puts your coded keys, and make link after this all you have access. And length of the key didn’t make any difference, or yet if you use it or not, it is the laptop that have to load many thing at the start up and also all that icons after this it also have to load the time in bottom right edge, and it uses the memory for it and it uses much more processes, and that’s the reason it uses more the Memory and the RAM. So you can change your start up setting to start up your connection in quick time, by sorting out the unwanted starting of the process during the time of startup. I am using the same router with asus N card and it work very well.

I think you should try to change your IP setting to speed up your startup connection. For that you have to open the setup page of router using 192.168.1.1 & as you are having the wireless N-series router make sure the mode you select is mixed doesn’t' really matter so just the wireless settings should be Radio Band frequency should be 20 MHZ, standard channel change to 11 & the advanced wireless settings should be Beacon Interval 2306, disable the Security easy setup option. Also, uncheck the Block Anonymous Internet Requests & reduce the MTU size to 1400 will definitely work!