Thread: How to get rid of Security Tool

How to get rid of Security Tool

Last night, I came to know that there is Security Tool on my laptop. This always shows me pop up messages that the viruses or worms are there in my system and they are infecting my computer and I have to download their software. My computer is running under Windows XP and I have installed Norton antivirus in it. I have downloaded the Malbytes anti-malware but when I tried to run that then it shows me some pop up message and aborted the anti-malware. Do you have any suggestion that why this is happening to me? I need help. Please reply as early as possible.

Re: How to get rid of Security Tool

You can use the link given below to download the Malwarebytes installer and update files. This is for the home computer. Download it and copy them on a CD otherwise on a flash drive. After that transfer that file to the machine which is having the problem and use that. If you are not able to do this on normal mode then you can start the computer in safe mode and do the install, update and scan on your machine.

Download the malware installer

It’s correct that you have to download and use malware installer. Once you are completed with its installation then you can download the SuperAntispyware program. If you are not able to download and install it after running the Malwarebytes tool then you can download it from any of your friends machine. Install the SuperAntispyware and again run the full system scan on your computer. Delete all the things that it detects. Some of the cases I have seen that one need to rename the installer file to install that.

There are many reasons that I do not use the Norton on my computer. This creates many such problems. I think that the problem is due to the Norton that is installed in your computer. My suggestion to you is to uninstall it from your computer and install some other antivirus. Macfee can be one of the good options for you. I am using this and it does not show me any problem like this.

OK, I am giving you the fasted way for deleting the Security Tool. If you want to do that then you have to reboot your computer and as you see the desktop then immediately you have to open the task manager by pressing alt + ctrl + Del. Click on the process tab and search for the process with numbers e.g 2436581. Click on that process and press end button. This will stop the Once you are done with this then you have to go to search from start and type Security Tool. Right click on the result file and delete that file. Also remove that file from the recycle bin.