Thread: AVG 9.0 identifies Xfire program like Virus

AVG 9.0 identifies Xfire program like Virus

I have Xfire program enable with F.E.A.R. game installed in my system and I was really happy with it. But from last few days when I have started using AVG 9.0 antivirus for the system I am having problem with Xfire problem. AVG 9.0 antivirus is detecting Xfire's Ads in the program as a Virus and I am not able to perfectly work with it which is really annoying. I haven’t got any solution to resolve it, if anyone have solution for it please provide me so that I can work with it perfectly with no such problem.

Re: AVG 9.0 identifies Xfire program ads like Virus

There can be problem with advertisement system that might use doubtful techniques which can make the web page malevolent. If you want to eliminate several web pages from AVG Web protect component scanning, you need to follow the steps that are mentioned below but it is powerfully not optional to eliminate unsafe pages:
    a) Open AVG program initially.
    b) There in the top menu you have "Tools" just choose "Advanced settings" alternative from there.
    c) Now you need to pick Web Shield there you have Web protection division in left routing.
    d) There you need to include the domain name / IP address that you want to eliminate.
    e) At last just save settings with tick the OK button.

I think the this Virus.Script/Exploit is Quote from AVGScript/Exploit. The Script/Exploit is not a virus, this can be a heuristic scan caution that there might be a file on your computer which is capable to utilize a security hole. It is essential for such a program to have rights to modify the Windows registry settings and the program acquires these privileges by a filthy deception This script does not include any destructive act, if such a file is there on your computer, it is essential to remove this file to evade any additional security harm done to your computer.

But at least it spots it only with heuristics that sense it's not an ultimate effect but something it considers being damaging when evaluating the JavaScript code in the advertisement to recognized bad scripts. You can allow AVG for removing the Virus.Script/Exploit involuntarily for which you need to do some of the steps as mentioned below:
    • First begin with the AVG program in your system.
    • There from top menu you need to go to "components" and then choose "Resident shield" option.
    • Now you need to choose "Remove all threats automatically" and then save the setting that you have carried.