Thread: Unable to connect to passworded PPPOE network over WiFi

Unable to connect to passworded PPPOE network over WiFi

I bought Linksys Wireless-G ADSL home gateway WAG200G for my home network. First I connected my modem's Ethernet to one Ethernet port of the router other than “Line”. This is because when i connect it to the line it doesn’t identifies the modem. Everything works fine here. Then able to connect to my two PC's wired and a laptop via wireless. What I want is to connect my iPhone and N93i to Wifi router and then from router to internet. The connection become successful here but I can’t open web with it. The difficulty is ISP want PPPoE Username and Password which don’t have in my both phones. How can I make this things work? Do you have any idea about it?

Re: Unable to connect to passworded PPPOE network over WiFi

Did you try to use a cross cable for connection from the LINE port (Linksys) to the ETHERNET port? I think that your wrong connection. I.e. Ethernet to Ethernet port for internet is not allowing you to open the web via wireless. I can tell it in simple words that if you connected to one of the four Ethernet ports then the router will take it as only for LAN and it will share them via LAN which are Hardwired. The wireless will not get any internet service from it.

Check that whether your wireless router is original Linksys is WAG 200G or not? Make sure that line port is not ADSL port. I think that you are using some other wire from modem to router. Check that your phone line cable has max of 4 wires or not. Otherwise your current modem might be a gateway with built-in modem. If so then it can only be connected if you translate the ADSL signal from RJ11 to RJ45. The only thing you can do right now is, set your modem to bridge (connect phone line to ADSL port to modem) and let your Linksys dial itself.

Check that is there something trapped in the LINE port? There may be something stuck inside and the phone line cannot fit into the LINE port. You have to know that there is no way to can use a wireless/router unit to verify linked PPPoE with an external modem.You can double the NAT which is extremely not recommendable because you will come across more issues afterwards on with port forwarding. This is the only hope left right now for you.

Your smallest amount possibility would be by means of double NAT with the Linksys WAG200G.For this I do not have much knowledge with Linksys. Contact the Linksys tech supporter and provide the details which I mentioned here.
    • You have a router/modem which u needs to set it in router mode.
    • Your Linksys WAG200G is an Annex B variant
    • Can you do double NAT with both devices?