Thread: Firmware for WRT54GX2 Router

Firmware for WRT54GX2 Router

Several days ago I have upgraded my WRT54GX2 broadband router firmware. I hope that it will resolve some minor and wireless connection issues. But I was wrong. After upgrading I am started having some connection issue. Later I assume that I might have downloaded the wrong firmware version. Now I am thinking that wither I have to go back to the older one I has otherwise go for a latest firmware. But I don’t what is the latest version and how to install it on my router. Please help me with this. If you know what may cause connection issue in router then tell about it with proper solution.

Re: Firmware for WRT54GX2 Router

The new firmware version is 1.01.19 and the file will be something like this new one 1.01.19 WRT54GX2_v1.01.19.tar.gz. Before uploading new firmware you need to do several configurations first. Hold the reset button for 30 seconds for Hard reset and pull the plug out. After waiting 30seconds holding while holding the reset button plug it back and still hold the reset for another 30 seconds. This will do the complete reset on your router. Now you can install the new firmware to it. Once you finish this process you will no longer get any issue from router other than Hardware related if already present in there.

I think that if you search on Google you will get the 1.01.19 version of firmware for WRT54GX2. But I don’t know whether it will be going to work and resolve all issue or not. As far as router connection issue concern I need to know about your current firmware version. I heard that some versions of firmware has tiny bug which is causing connection via wireless. If you are getting connection problem in one port then use other Ethernet port. Make sure to use fixed ip address for upgrade.

Check whether the router is assigning computer a legal IP address or not. If it not providing valid ip address then you might connection issue via internet. For firmware upgrade first configure the router to connect ISP. Then the ISP will give you all the information that you need (DHCP or PPPoE, username, password etc.). If they won’t give you ask them for it. You can get the firmware from Linksys official download site. There you need to mention your router model and the OS.

I think that because of strong security features you may be getting connection issue or poor response from router. If the ISP is configured for higher level then there might be some delay over passing the packets. If you are using the wireless connection then check both antennas connected to the router. Fix it properly if they are not. Don’t put the much load over router greater than its limit.