Thread: 1394 Connection not in Network Connections

1394 Connection not in Network Connections

I am running Windows 7 on my computer. I have 4 GB of RAM in it. I also have a laptop which is having the windows XP home installed in it. I want to transfer files from laptop to the desktop. To do this, I am using a firewire cable connection. This was working fine whn my desktop computer was running the Windows XP Pro in it.

I can see the 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller in the device manager but in the network adapter list I can’t see the 1394 network adapter. I don’t have any unrecognized device in the device manager list. If you have any suggestion for this then please post that beck to me. Thank you in advance.

Re: 1394 Connection not in Network Connections

Have you tried to use the crossover cable to transfer the data from one computer to other? This will increase the speed of transmission. This cable is not very costly and you will be able to find that very easily on any computer hardware shop. Just try this cable and see whether this helps you or not to transfer the data. Good Luck!!!

Check whether the wireless router that you are using have the LAN ports or not? If that is having the LAN port then you will not need the x-over cable to do this. A simple cat5 cable will be able to do it. Just connect that to your router and this can do thing. It will also have the good transfer speed.

I think that you have problem with the 1394 controller which is creating the problem for you. To fix this issue, you have to uninstall it first and once you are completed with uninstall then you have to reboot your system. Windows will auto install the controller. You should also check that whether you have installed chipset drivers for your motherboard.

It is seems to be the problem with the Windows 7 that you have installed in your computer. That may be corrupted and creating the problem. You should do a clean install of it again. This time don’t make use of the same bootable CD. Make a new CD with a different copy of setup and install it with that CD. This will solve the problem if it is due to bad installation of the operating system.

Here, I just want to give you two suggestions for this.
    1. If you are thinking to go the upgrade then don’t do that. Do a clean install on it.
    2. You can adjust the 1394 adapter from the properties dialog of it. You will be able to find this on advanced network section.