Thread: To purchase new ADSL modem with wifi

To purchase new ADSL modem with wifi

I have an internet connection at home through modem. Lastly my modem has broken down due to their port failure. I am preparing to purchase a new modem which will moreover have a wifi(n type) features enabled . I have an internet connection of BSNL Broadband. Please advise me some high-quality modems which will provide the following purpose. My budget is around Rs 1500-2000. I am annoying to keep away from D-Link as i have heard it gives lots of problem later on. Please recommend me some modems as soon as possible, have to get it soon within next 2- 3 days.

Re: To purchase new ADSL modem with wifi

I want know that the previous modem is provided by the BSNL while purchasing the internet connection! If you have taken that modem by the BSNL with the connection then replace itself by the BSN. I consent that modems generally provided by the BSNL Company are of average quality. But BSNL will not carry your independent purchase to support the internet connection and bsnl modems are merely cheap. If you want to purchase a modem from outside go for Linksys it will cost you around Rs 2000. so buy that it is one of the best modems you will ever see for internet connection.

Me too facing the same problem here. Yeah I got this previous modem with internet connection of the BSNL broadband. So when it got damaged I contact with them and told that my modem is broken so they told to replace it because they that the other modem may support their connection. So I told them about the Wifi one to replace so they told me it is available for the internet. So I’m thinking to buy the modem from there. So they told me that they have two modems the Type 1 will cost around Rs 1300 and the type 2 around Rs 1700. So any suggestions for this which one I should buy or should I buy other modem of other company. So please reply to me as soon as possible. help will be appreciated.
    Last edited by Paisley007; 02-12-2010 at 04:17 AM.

I think that why would BSNL charge the money for replacing a broken down modem. Isn't the responsibility of the BSNL generally the internal cause to break down? Like in my MTNL connection if no matter which occur to my modem, I immediately have to call MTNL up and they will come and put back it at no additional charge. Though you don’t needed to buy the BSNL one then buy the Sony modem it also a nice modem it also cost you Rs 1800. It also reasonable for you to and it is independent of which broadband you buy.

I am also changing the BSNL modem because of it's WEP encryption and non of the BSNL modems r good .I have changed 3 modems in past 5yaers .I don't know what happens to these modems .ans every time I have to waste a day in BSNL office to bye a new one
    Just once I got it replaced
    This time I will bye a modem from outside