Thread: Needed Cisco 2501 Linksys router information.

Needed Cisco 2501 Linksys router information.

I have setup of two computers at my home. I want to setup a router for my desktop. I have seen Cisco 2501 router. Which is branded router manufacturer? But I had also seen D-Link router. I am having confused between Both the brands. Which will give me better performance? SO I need the help about this.

Re: Needed Cisco 2501 Linksys router information.

Before purchasing any device or any kind of hardware you should have clear all about the product. You want to need to connect computer in network. To share resources and global internet. If you are selected Cisco 2501 Linksys router. The cisco is a most popular brand in networking manufacturer. The Cisco 2501 router access server series represents Cisco System's low-cost entry into the right to use server marketplace.

If you want buy new router.Then you have to know about First, see what type of Cisco 2501. Most of the models I have seen only come with a single Ethernet port and a single sync port. For your purpose, you will need two Ethernet ports, one to connect to the DSL modem and one to connect to your network. Also, find out what version of IOS (Cisco's internal operating system) and how much memory the router has installed on it. Depending on how getting on the IOS is, you might require to acquire an upgraded version. You may also require increasing the amount of RAM in the router to handle the newer IOS.

You have purchase two desktop. Then you have to need a router for install a network setup. It’s a very easy way to find which good router for your computer. Before you install router you have to know which connection you have like there is broadband and ADSL connection if you broadband connection then you have to purchase wired modem. It can be connected to 4 to 8 computer. I will you you to buy Cisco router. It’s a good brand.