Thread: Cursor issue with Dell S300wi wireless Projector

Cursor issue with Dell S300wi wireless Projector

I have been using Dell S300wi wireless Projector from sometime now but recently faced problem with its cursor which always keep moving as off target. When I am trying to click at particular location right up against the screen I am able to see the cursor like 5 to 6 inches left from where the "nib" is placed on the board. I am not able to see any kind of calibration feature and this is happening every time when I work with it. So if anybody can provide me with the solution that will be great help from your part.

Re: Cursor issue with Dell S300wi wireless Projector

I think there is some kind of settings you need to work on, i think somebody have done changes in your projector pen setting because of which such problems are appearing. Yes you have to set the calibration settings for your pen after which you will able to resolve the problem, you can go through the manual which will be there with the projector and go through the setting for it. I hope you will able to find the solution from the manual itself.

As per your problem I advise you to try FACTORY SETUP after that have the connection to your computer but before that you need to check for the computer resolution. I think main thing because you that such problem is occurring is with the calibration setting and also the resolution setting for the projector. I hope you will go through this kind of setting which need to be take care of while working with the wireless projector. Do it correctly you will be able to have proper target when you touch any of the location on projector.

The problem is quite serious because sometime this does appear when you work with any of the wireless projector. Mostly the problem appear like when you move left or towards right but the cursor is different to the NIB coordinate. I think if no solution and settings work for you the last thing you can do is contact to dell support and explain them what all problems you are facing while using your Dell S300wi wireless Projector. They will defiantly provide you with some online solution and if still not resolved then you have to visit to dell service center they will resolve your problem if there is any kind of repair work or some kind of settings to be done.

Anybody having allignment problems has a problem with screen resolution on their computer or laptop. To fix these pen cursor problems on the screeen, adjust your computer's resolution. You may need to play with it a while to get it perfect.

Has anybody been able to connect to their projector wirelessly and still have the interactive pen function correctly. When I try to do it wirelessly the screen freezes.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by daniel_dale View Post
    Has anybody been able to connect to their projector wirelessly and still have the interactive pen function correctly. When I try to do it wirelessly the screen freezes.
    Have you tried to set the projector to use the pen on wireless. On the projector bring up the on-screen menu and navigate to Others go down to interactive and make sure it is set to wireless instead of Mini-Usb. If your Interactive mode is on then turn OFF and then turn ON again, it should work. Hope that helps.

Does your projector work in wireless mode and in interactive mode? I have tried everything and can't do it. Dell support guys think I need a new firmware update.

Yes, you need the firmware update. Update the firmware to the latest one and that see if that can solve the problem for you.