Thread: Can I use TG585 v7 DSL modem for cable broadband

Can I use TG585 v7 DSL modem for cable broadband

Hey guys I want some vital information about the router. I have a computer that simply runs under the Microsoft Windows 7 operating system, has a processor AMD ATHLON @2.9GHz, RAM 4GB, 500GB hard drive. I am surfing the internet by cable broadband connection. I just want an opinion about that can I use THOMPSON TG585v7 modem as a router for broadband cable. If you have suggestion that pull me out from this kind of mess. Is my computer is compatible to this setting, I know this is foolish question, but I want to know that this settings possible or not? I am not so much aware of this all thing so if you have information that make me satisfy please gives it to me. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciate.

Re: Can I use TG585 v7 DSL modem for cable broadband

--- first thing that I would like to share with you that there is no need of compatibility for the internet connection and for the modem or router. Yes this is possible that you can make this combination for your satisfaction, for this connection just connects your one cable to modem and other one to that router. Think over this solution it might help you to solve this problem.

MODEM a kind of device that makes possible communication between the network and computer. In simply convert digital to analog signal for the telephonic transmission and vice versa. By making this combination your broadband capacity just make all process faster than primary integrated network. Yes this is possible that you can use your modem as router for broadband connection.

There is no compatibility require for this type of combination to get the internet access. For this you have to follow some step, I am sure that you may get satisfy after trying this solution. First plug the cable modem if you have not installed the driver for this modem then first install and then plug, in the list you may find your Ethernet cable or the USB cable select one from that list of connection, then hook the cable on both side of slot to make network, then plug the Ethernet cable on both side means one side at modem and other side of computer, I have only this suggestion for your requirement.

If you really want to make a home network then you have to make some change in your router, for this type of network just put your modem in the DYNAMIC IP mode and after doing this just use a CROSSOVER cable, which is must require for connection. Before doing this makes sure that you have connected all the cable properly. For perfect solution you need a network engineer. Try this solution it might help you to solve this problem.

---- Don’t worry that you can create network by using the THOMPSON TG585v7 modem for cable broadband and for this type of connection there is no need of any compatibility. For this connection first install the modem driver then plug into the machine, then connect plug one in the modem and other one in the computer. I think this solution might fulfill your requirement. From side I have only this solution; I wish that it work on your system.

What is 'Dynamic IP mode' ? How do I find those settings in the Thomson configuration?

The majority of home Internet users have no Internet line, but use a dial-up if needed, for which they rule with each dial a new IP address get assigned by the provider. This alternating address is called a dynamic IP. The non-fixed IP's previously fueled the misconception that surfers on the Internet are anonymous. Well, at least make us address the changing life difficult when we want to tell a friend about our current IP.