Thread: Lenovo ideapad Y560: wifi keeps dropping connection

Lenovo ideapad Y560: wifi keeps dropping connection

Having a Lenovo ideapad Y560 Notebook , which is running under the windows vista environment. Basically use this for the internet access, which is used from the office network and form the home network. Having the wireless connectivity. The problem is while I tried to access some of the web sites from home network the wifi keep dropping the connection. The problem is comes with the message, written that the gateway is not recognizing in the connection. I checked with the network router, but found nothing; it is working fine as shown. I have no such idea about this type of problem, no not able to recover the problem manually. So I am here to get some suggestion on this problem. Any input on this issue, will be greatly appreciated..

Re: Lenovo ideapad Y560: wifi keeps dropping connection

Try with the following process to overcome from the problem. First of all change the channel of the router, replace it with the network coverage that you are using in your machine. For the wireless connection try to move on wireless router or the adaptor point or to the other wireless machine. Make sure you are maintaining the sufficient distance to make stable the connection, if you are using the network from a wide distance this might be make a big difference. Also the problem might be occur for the out date of the firmware of the network driver. I recommend you to update the firmware and then reconfigure the driver with the network adaptor. Along with that update the network driver (wireless) that you installed in your machine, with the latest version. I hope any one of these will definitely help you to resolve the problem.

I think this one surely help you to solve the problem, though the network disconnect frequently, so I think this might be for the mis-configuration with the network or any changes in the setting is made. So I suggest you check there and reconfigure the network router with appropriate settings. Make sure it is having the correct authentication with the network service and don’t change that. Go to the start menu option and click on connects option, locate the network service that you are using and click on that. Go to the properties windows and proceed to the general tab under that window. Click on the Wireless Networks tab option and then click on the Preferred Networks, it will appear the name of the networks which is recognized by the machine, select t the correct one, that you usually use in your home network and go to the properties of that network service. Then switch to Data encryption, there make sure that the WEP service is enable, remove the authentication tab and provide the key which is located by automatically. Now click on OK.

Relevant issue in my Lenovo Think pad, which is I am using for the streaming videos and to perform some of the basic internet search regarding my official work and also for the study purpose. I am a bank employee along with that I am also getting my higher study. The machine is running under the environment of windows XP pro. It is very good machine, as per my opinion. I am very much satisfied with all the functionalities and the services. I am having a high speed wireless connection at my home network. After coming back from bank, I usually used to connect the machine with the network and access different pages. The problem is occurred just few days ago, while I was streaming the YouTube video in my machine, the wireless connection keeps dropping the connection frequently; I was unable to resolve the issue, because I have no idea regarding this issue. This is the first time any problem occurred in my machine. I searched almost all the forum sited for the solution, but found nothing in any web site. So I am posting here to getting any solution for this issue. Is there anyone having any fix for this problem?

I read your complete post my friend Abedi, as per my knowledge there are some of the firewall setting those are prevent to access some web sites. So check in the firewall setting and make sure that in the firewall setting windows the web sites that you are trying to access not listed there. Go to the firewall application whether the firewall security that you are using in your machine, either the widows default firewall option or any third party firewall software application. Go to the firewall configuration window and check the list whether the web sites are listed over there. Remove all the web sites names from the list. And also make sure that the download access is enable in that window.