Thread: Confusion about Router, PPoE and TCP Optimizer settings

Confusion about Router, PPoE and TCP Optimizer settings

I have some doubt or some confusion in Router, PPoE and TCP Optimizer settings. I don’t understood which setting is for what and many thing else. So I just require some tips to know this very clearly and learn or understand this properly. So please provide some proper information. All information must be accepted.

Re: Confusion about Router, PPoE and TCP Optimizer settings

I have a PPoE DSL connection and I make use of a router. I am hoping someone knowledgeable can obvious a few stuffs of confusion for me.
    1. While I start TCP Optimizer's major MTU test, a box pops up informing me to place my MaxMTU to 1600, even though that is not possible while PPoE is checked off on the General Settings page. Is this a program error or is it an undocumented necessity to for the time being uncheck PPoE and set to 1600 while testing?
    2. Do I require to for all time setting MaxMTU to the similar thing both on my computer and in the router's configuration?
    3. If my ISP gives me a indistinct downstream rating of between 4.0 Mbps up to 6.0 Mbps, what should I enter as my utmost existing bandwidth while testing?

I have something important or I can say is useful comment for you which may be useful for you. The MTU should be 1495 for DSL PPPOE connections the merely time it should be 1600 via registry or optimizer is while it gets fixed on 1480 or lesser in XP. Use the 6mbs for testing. So I guess this must help you. Happy to help you!!!!!

I really don’t know anything about this because really not aware of this. So need some small help in this case I mean have Confusion in Router, PPoE and TCP Optimizer settings? So please someone help to solve this. I don’t have any more ideas I see the earlier posts but it not solve my issue. So please post some important and useful trick or information.