Thread: I want to hack a hotel Wifi

I want to hack a hotel Wifi

Hi,

I am sure I am going to get the most appropriate solution here. I want to hack a hotel wifi. I have a big hotel nearby my house. They provide a free internet service to their users. So I belive that it is for sure, that I am under the range of wireless internet access. My laptop shows me indication of a wifi network but it is not connecting. I don't know why. What I am aware is that I just need to turn on my wifi and the internet starts working in my office. Does places like hotels, malls, etc uses a some different type of wireless internet. I tried consulting the same with some of my friends. They told me I have to hack the network to get me a free access, and once I got the connection I can use the internet for free. So that sounds interesting here. Does anyone can tell me how to do this. What I needed for that. Usually I stay away from hacking and piracy stuff but if this service cab accessible for free then why not to give a try. I am sure this is not going to be ethical. Thanks.

Re: I want to hack a hotel Wifi

That's correct. It is not ethical to use any other internet connection without permission. This is just a freak habit where people try to access other internet via hacking tools. Basically the router is the main gadget here which comes with inbuilt security option. It does not allow any alien connection to intercept. You have to acquire a wep key. This is an security code which is assigned by the administrator. When you enter malls, hotels or airport, you get an option to use internet. Such places are called as public hotspot. A hotspot consist of a router and high speed internet connection, free for all. But in some places they provide you a security code to access the internet.It is also true that anyone within range of a wifi network can potentially connect to it. But only if it is open. Or else leave it. There are several hacking techniques, but that is not legal to carry out.

Even I am on the same point and will not recommend you to do such job. Wifi networks now are protected. They comes with number of security settings and it is not everyone cup of tea to get a instant access. By default, the settings of access points and wireless routers are not secure and allow anyone to connect to your network. Thus, the majority of users switching to Wi-Fi, seeing the wireless network works straight start, do not go further and do not seek to secure, which is extremely risky. So you can give a try to connect to the network. If it is open then you will get a free access. The other important thing you must consider that such open network are full of virus and hacks. So if you are one on the network then you can also prone your system to unwanted risk. I never disable my internet security and I surf openly on hotspots. I found lots of popups by antivirus that this particular access is blocked which clearly indicates that there are potential threats which you are not aware of.

That sound a bit matter of fear. As I too have a hotspot at my place. I made this available for all, but now I am planing to restrict the access. This is because of my users keeps on complaining that your network sends virus. I checked everything and found clean. So this can be done by others people who are not in a good practice of using internet. I tired obtaining some information on that and the most easiest thing is to keep changing your password. The same is followed by this guys also. They keep changing the security key so that the hacker does not get a easy access. Even if he got then also the next time he has to break his head again to arrange the key. That is a good practice or smart thinking you say. Every router for the first time is configured for the default value. So if they had not changed the settings, then you can be lucky enough to get a free access.

You can find in the documentation that came with your hardware the user name and password needed to access the control interface for your router or your wireless access point. If you had worked on wifi network before then it is possible to get an idea about what other guys are doing. It is never recommended that you enter some other network without his permission. I will advice you to apply for some good wifi internet connection for your ISP and do a fair thing. Such thing can put in trouble. Anyhow even if you try to hack a network you have to work on such tools that cannot worked on a secure system. That means you have to disable or remove all your security settings, which can cause more risk. Security has always been the weak point of wireless networks, mainly because of its physical nature, the radio transmission medium is a shared anyone in the coverage area can listen to the media and enter the network.

Some hackers uses special type of antenna boosters to penetrate in a network. For anyone with some knowledge of computer and some equipment can easily find information and programs to listen to and penetrate wireless networks. But today the same has become a bit difficult due to the awareness. Such vulnerabilities have brought certain damage to his development company, since these flaws become access points to the internal network on which it is connected. I am sure if you do the same you can be caught easily. Now companies are taking a very serious steps and even the government to deal with hackers. There are security devices implanted base on the WiFi hardware that can be a card or access point enabling a first level of protection. Each of the routers comes with fixed security settings that cannot be easily penetrated.

There are several new security measures that are standardized and will be usable within a few months. For the moment the best security is to use the same mechanisms of protection as wired networks. Today you can hardly found places where you can see people surfing without net access. Everything is authenticated and then they provide a direct access to the network. This also hamper the entire network if they give unauthorized access. Hackers can use the network to hack other network, to download virus, or to perform any other illegal work. Taking that in mind companies implant most professional solutions. They use high end systems with original licensed software with a
    regular monitoring services for keeping a track of activities on their networks. Better you avoid this.

iwant to also know that with which soft or tweak igot the oters wifi password