Thread: Problems in Belkin N1 Router and Edimax Wifi

Problems in Belkin N1 Router and Edimax Wifi

Hello friends this my problem,me with my friend stay by our alone in a residence near his parents house - I have place up a Edimax Range Extender of EW-7416APn V2 to tap into her parents Wireless Router of Belkin N1 & thus for the internet.This was a problem by itself as I needed some good hefty IP address mask etc varying & sorting to get them to chat to each other.At present they are functioning and the Edimax is presently repeating the network inside our house - however even though the wifi signal is incredible, the internet link is not so good. I frequently play WoW & Mafia war 2, and my friend watches mostly YouTube, and it seems to be good for some time for 2 minutes, then the internet just slows down to a halt, then i need to back up again. then it goes really. Again, one minute I did a speedtest and it was 56/ping 3.2 MB/sec, to this morning where it was 56/ping 0.8 MB/sec, and a whole blend of things. It is a really awful discontinuous fault and I can't chekck it out what it could be?

Re: Problems in Belkin N1 Router and Edimax Wifi

Hello friends even I face the same problem, I having a PC running with Win7, my friends is with a Laptop using Vista Home Premium. After that we have both our iPhones & a PS3 (naturally these are not linked at the same time). In the main house wireless is connected to the chief router is another iPhone, my Laptop running XP Home and a PC running the same router. I know for example yesterday, only me and my firend were using the network on the laptop as well as on pc, which would abolish consume on the bandwidth concept. There is a choice to set the Belkin router as a access pt. - is this essential? Can anyone help me of these problem.

No I don’t think so there is any problem with the bandwith concepts, I think u must check your Belkin N1 Router whether is connected properly or not since it may get disconnected at point of time so you need check with your friends house which stay near by your home. Bandwith is concern with the website property or the programming there is no concern with the router problem. So I suggest you to check your router sometime it may happens that it gets disconnected cause of the may get heated up.

Hey, even I having the same, two laptops connected to belkin N1 router via Edimax Wifi extender. When one laptop is using it, then there is no problem, but no sooner someone uses the other Laptop it we have a breakdown to the first Laptop connection, and it always seem to favors the windows7 than the Windows Home premium edition.This is started happening about two days ago. then we had the same setup with no issues... I m now totally puzzled, but i notice that this thread was ongoing ages ago and I wonder that if this problem was solved?? Is there is any issue of a operating system since it is giving the first priority to the Windows 7 rather than the windows vista home premium edition. Does any knows about this issue why is this happening? If there so than please reply to my post?

I think I have the solution for this problem ... I m suggesting you that don’t change anything to solve it. Time went on me and my friends iPhones and laptop were fine ... Then my iPhone got upgraded to the operating system 4 which solved it on that – mean while I had set up a directional Edimax wifi adapter pointed straight at the source of belkin N1 router, it seems ok, but slow at times and but I didn't drop. My play station 3 was better and now not dropping the signal, but it would go through fits of bring dc 'd and then fine for half a day. Then one strange day I thought I'd try the n-adapter on the edimax and it worked perfectly, still on it now, not dropping no slow connection. The absolute only thing I could think of was the iPhone orcomputer orps3 were conflicting (which doesn't make much sense as I still had problems when one/two of them was off). Things I can suggest? I found my connection better when the (insert the right terminology of the router) media-priority was selected on both the belkin N1 router and edimax wifi, But first you to need again reinstall your operating system.
    Last edited by Amie; 23-11-2010 at 12:33 AM.