Thread: Suggest a USB wireless adapter

Suggest a USB wireless adapter

I am using an desktop computer at my home and I am looking to an internet access. I am looking to purchase a USB adapter, but before buying this I want to make sure that I have purchased the right one for my internet service. For this I need your help. If you have any suggestion regarding this topic, then please try to post you reply here. I am looking to buy it as early as possible. So please try helping me out. Any help regarding this will be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Suggest a USB wireless adapter

Before answering to your query I would like to ask you few questions related to you machine. Are you making use of any router for your internet connection? If yes then, what is the type of you router i.e. whether it is B, G, OR N. Is the router in the same room, where your desktop is? What is the model no of your router? Try to provide me the answer for the following questions, so that I can provide you the help. Do reply.

Thanks for the reply and you have asked me few questions about my machine, so I will like to answer those. I am making the use of the Windstream 2Wire DSL Modem. I am not sure the type of the router, so I cannot tell you that. The router and my desktop are in the different rooms. I do not have any Ethernet port, but I am looking to move it in the same room. The model no of my router is 2701HG. I have provided you the details which you have asked. Please help.

I will like to suggest you Linksys WUSB54GSC-4A IEEE 802.11b/g USB 2.0 Compact Wireless Adapter with SpeedBooster Up to 54Mbps and Wireless Data Rates Up to 128-bit WEP, WPA, and WPA2. My friend is also making the use of same adapter on his machine and it working fine. So try to out as you will also like it. I hope that I have helped you. If you require more on the adapter, then try to reply me back.

I have few names of the USB wireless adapter which you can go for , so I will like to recommend you those.
    1. ActionTec External USB 802.11b Wireless Adapter
    2. BELKIN F5D7050 Wireless 802.11g USB Network Adapter
    3. D-Link 802.11G 54MBPS USB 2.0 ADAPTER
    4. SMC USB ADAPTER 802.11G 54MPBS
    5. Proxim Orinoco 11B USB Adapter Gold
    6. NetGear USB 2.0 54MBPS ADAPTER 802.11G

You can try any one of this. Hope that the list which I have provided to you will help you out.
    Last edited by Common; 22-11-2010 at 06:44 PM.

Even I am looking for an adapter and I have gone through all the replies which are posted above. Can you provide me some detail description about the names of adapter which you have mentioned? If you will even provide the description of one or two products, then it will be fine for me. Please try to post it as early as you can, as I will be eagerly waiting for it. Thanks.

I am providing you the details of the few adapters which I have mentioned in the above post. They are as follows-
    ActionTec External USB 802.11b Wireless Adapter:-
    It is highly secure as it provides a WEP encryption which is based on 64-bit and 128-bit. It also provides some advance security features which includes wifi protected access, WPA-PSK support included. It can work with the lower version of windows operating system i.e. up to XP. The range of this adapter is 1750 ft for outdoor and 300 ft for indoor.
    D-Link 802.11G 54MBPS USB 2.0 ADAPTER:-
    The operating range of this adapter is approximately 100 for the indoor and 400 meters for the outdoor. One can also create a detailed connectivity profile in order to save the networks which are used most frequently in your day today life. It also provides support for WAP and 802.1 xs.
    Hope it will help you.