Thread: How to Monitor Network of Computers

How to Monitor Network of Computers

Hello friends, I love networking very much and I like to gain as much knowledge as I can in this field. I was just reading something related to monitoring the computers, when I suddenly thought of monitoring various computers on the network. Like if some one is running some program on his computer so I can come to know what is he doing. Also, whether we can also monitor computers from different networks or not. I just want to know is this possible or not and if it is then how to do it. Is there a software or something or some other way. Eagerly waiting for the reply.

Re: How to Monitor Network of Computers

Hey if you want to monitor the computers that are connected in the network then I think that it is possible using the monitoring tool. Although I don't think so that you will be getting the exact information of what is going on the other computers, but just the part of it. And as far as monitoring the computes on different networks is concerned then I guess that such kind of technology is not yet developed. So yes it is possible to monitor the computers on only one network. You can easily get the monitoring tools from the web and then install it to monitor other system.

Hey in order to monitor series of computers that are connected in a network you can use the Total Network Inventory software especially designed to monitor what is going on, on the other computer system. This is generally designed for large scale organizational network. Total Network Inventory interrogates all computers on a network and reports back with complete information about the current running process on the other machine. Also, this information is added to the database and the network admin can also be able to keep tracks of previous information about the computer.

Hey you can even use this software called NetWatch for monitoring the computers that are connected in the network. Using this software we can host monitoring by keeping track on the log files that will enable us to get the information about what is currently going on the other computer system. The log files has all the data of the computers process. Using this you can get to know what is done by the computer but will not get the real image of the other computer on your system. You can easily download this from the web and install it to get the the information.

Hello friends this is what i use to monitor whats going on, on other computers that are connected on the network. SystemSkan is a comprehensive information access control tool, which provides the administrator with the ability to view and record every employee's actions on the computer network. Using this you are not able to only view what the other people are doing on the internet, but also what is are activities he is performing on the computer. SystemSkan also allows you to impose restriction on some users from accessing certain files, programs websites or other applications on their computers.

Hey why don’t you use team viewer software for monitoring the computers you want. Using this software we can remotely control monitors, do desktop sharing, and file transfer between computers. The best thing about this is that we don’t require any kind of network connection between the computers. All we need is internet connection and team viewer software on all the machine which we want to view. This will allow you to actually see what’s going on , on the other computers.