Thread: Internet explorer missing in programs list

Internet explorer missing in programs list

I use windows 7.

however, ie is not there in the programmes list.

I could access IE by opening programmes folder. However,it is missing in add/remove programme list.

re: Internet explorer missing in programs list

Well, what i can suggest here is simply remove the IE completely from the system and install it again. This will bring IE back to the Add and Remove list. Now the question is how can you remove if it is not displaying in the programs. Here it is:

Open command prompt by typing CMD in the RUN box.
    Now past this command:
    %windir%\ie8\spuninst\spuninst.exe
    Now press enter. This will uninstall IE.

Re: Internet explorer missing in programs list

I had followed the same,however the message says that the system cannot find the patch specified?

If you are missing Internet Explorer from the system then only thing that you can do is to install the Internet Explorer again. To install the Internet explorer you have to insert the Genuine CD of Windows 7 and the to select the install Optional Component from the same. Now select the Internet Explorer from the list and click on Next. This will install the Internet Explorer to your computer. Also you can download the latest version of the Internet Explorer from the Microsoft and install the same.

I do not have the windows 7 cd with me as my notebook came with preinstalled.

I am abled to use ie through c/programmes/internet explorer.

I could not bring it to add remove

DId you tried these steps:
    • Close all programs.
    • Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
    • Click Programs and Feature.
    • In the tasks pane, click Turn Windows features on or off.
    • In the list of windows features, clear the check box next to Internet Explorer 8.
    • You receive a warning message in a pop-up window. Click Yes.

Internet Explorer 8 will now be uninstalled. The system will restart after the installation.

After you uninstall Internet Explorer 8, you may notice Application event log errors after each restart. To resolve this problem, delete the following Internet Explorer User Accelerators and Internet Explorer Machine Accelerators registry keys in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\GPExtensions:
    {7B849a69-220F-451E-B3FE-2CB811AF94AE}
    {CF7639F3-ABA2-41DB-97F2-81E2C5DBFC5D}

if i unistall ie 8 like this,how will I get it back, as I do not have installation cd with me?

Quote Originally Posted by mahendran106 View Post
    if i unistall ie 8 like this,how will I get it back, as I do not have installation cd with me?
    I think that it is possible to install internet explorer 8 without installation cd. All you have to do is download the internet explorer 8 from here. But before this you will have to go to add or remove programs in control panel and click on Windows components which might be located at the left side in add or remove programs. After you click on windows components a pop up will occur and there you simply have to untick internet explorer icon and thus the internet explorer 8 will be removed from your system. After this, download and install internet explorer from above link and again in windows components you have to tick the internet explorer icon so that it reinstalls again in your system.