Thread: Error on my Debian system saying eth0 error

Error on my Debian system saying eth0 error

I have comprised odd circumstances I was anticipating you the entire might assist me by means of it. I had position this to the erroneous discussion, where I exposed a noob error. I have encompassed a vmware setup on a server I am building, and throughout a shutdown procedure the system hung and I was compulsory to power it off. At present neither guest OS (in cooperation Debian) has /dev/eth0 or eth1 (board has two NICs) additional than the driver is loaded in the kernel (pcnet32). The apparatus demonstrate up appropriately in dmesg and lsmod, nothing additional than "lo" demonstrate in ifconfig, and when I endeavor to bring it up utilizing "ifup eth0" I get this occur even if I utilizing rmmod and then insmod to reload the driver. I have comprised merely had to worry regarding drivers once previous to and I am frightened I do not be familiar by means of what to do at this point. Give pleasure to let me be familiar with what you necessitate and I determine to get you the information in sequence as almost immediately as possible. I do not have access to the system the entire day.

Re: Error on my Debian system saying eth0 error

You have to try utilizing modprobe to load the module, as an alternative of insmod. The Insmod run well sufficient to load a module into the kernel, additional than it does not resolve module dependency, which modprobe does. If the pcnet32 component has additional modules it depends upon, modprobe determine to load them as well; insmod would not. I had essentially endeavor modprobe, which had seemed at the time to encompass no consequence, additional than I determine to definitely maintain by means of the intention of in mind for the subsequently time I encompass a predicament similar to this. Turns out I stature out part of the predicament late. I saw the dissimilar MAC addresses anywhere in udev by means of the eht0 and eht1 names, additional than I not be able to remember where by means of the intention of was at present. For at present I am utilizing eth1 for internet, and I have comprised originate out how to create my server work completely off of eth1. I determine to drop a communication in here if/when I locate out how to get eth0 running the entire in excess of again.

They have the similar error additional than I not be able to figure out why. Give the impression of being similar to it might be a predicament associated by means of the gateway address. Is the gateway netblock connected by means of the system network i.e. moreover fraction of the netblock on eth0 or eth1. Subsequent to endeavoring to revolutionize the IP in KDE, and then rebooting, my network stopped running. I am running a static IP. System is Debian Sarge constant. I have comprised and searched and endeavor ifup and forcedeth, additional than it does not run. The interfaces-file is as it be supposed to be (endeavor editing it in together text-mode and in KDE). I have comprised and in addition endeavor an additional Ethernet card immediately to make sure it was not the card.

Is driver for your network card accumulate as kernel component. If it is, create certain lsmod output for loaded module (do it nevertheless if you do not accumulate kernel by youself - in distro kernels the entire drivers are accumulate as modules). Have you checkered (ls -l /dev/eth*) to create certain by means of the intention of the card is being named eth0 as an alternative of eth1 and such. I have encompassed to force eth naming on my system in udev for the reason with the intention of for several reason for the reason with the intention of occasionally they are known to switch apparatus names eth0, 1, 2 and such). Throughout startup I get: udev not working -> necessitate a kernel newer than 2.6.15 (I imagine) might this be the predicament.

I am endeavoring to position an IP address for my Debian (Sarge) box, and I not be able to figure out how to do it. Where do I locate the configuration file to revolutionize the address, hostname, etc. How do I edit the file. I be familiar by means of nothing regarding the text editors in several of the nix surroundings. Is there a number of website by means of the intention of I be able to locate some primer on VI or emacs or amazing. In the network here, the entire the addresses are 10.10.0.XXX I am endeavoring to set this box by means of an address of 10.10.0.234, additional than nothing is running. I guess I am asking this for the reason with the intention of I maintain getting an error communication stating the neither the eth1 or eth0 cards be able to be found.

It might be by means of the intention of it does not be familiar by means of your card or the drivers are missing. Hard to consider if you are utilizing a current distro of debian, and a NIC by means of the intention of is not a number of obscure card. By means of the intention of it would not auto-detect it. If you do a reinstall, you might create certain you have encompassed the drivers on floppy or cd. Create certain the Linux HCL for your NIC and observe if it's a predicament. I am thinking I must encompass messed something up, additional than I do not be familiar by means of how. I have comprised and installed SuSE, Slackware, and Ubuntu on this similar apparatus in the past, and none of them encompass had a tribulations. I must have immediately missed a package, so I determine to jump back to the install, and endeavor it the entire in excess of again.