Thread: K3715 disconnects everytime on iMac

K3715 disconnects everytime on iMac

I am using the Vodafone K3715 usb modem on my Mac computer. The problem is I never used it for more than 1 hour without being disconnected the internet. It irritates me every time when I trying to reconnect it. Once the connection has been disconnected the application software will not let me to reconnect it. For that I have to remove or unplug the modem and reattach to the port again. When the modem is offline it the application didn’t shows the availability of modem. What could the problem. Is I the Hardware issue or the network issue? It takes lot of time to reconnect once it has been disconnected by itself.

Re: K3715 disconnects everytime on iMac

The modem comes with VMC dashboard. I don’t know the specific version of it. You will need to update it regularly. It is the application fault that is causing the immediate disconnection. If you have the original CD of the modem driver, then re-install or rollback the drivers if possible. Also install the modem on other port. In case if you lost the connection in one USB port you can immediately fix it other port and start running.

I think that it is the Hardware issue otherwise there is no need of changing or unplugging the modem from the USB ports. There is also another chance that the System USB is working poorly. Use the other port if they are working properly. If you are sure about the problem in modem itself then you will need to send it to the service center and repair it. You can refer the Vodafone Repair Thread for all the Repair Information of how to get fixed.

There is a new version of VMC v 3.04.08.04 for the Mac users. It is better than the previous version as I think because it enables you send SMS. But in previous version this sms feature was only eligible for Mac users. So along with this there might some update that can capable of fixing your issue. If you are using slow speed internet then it can be possible that too much compression causing the disconnection. The VMC firmware upgrade is also another solution.