Thread: Not able to configure the router

Not able to configure the router

Presently I am using the router which is provided by the ISP, and in this I was able to attach to internet by those four Ethernet ports, but I would akin to configure the wireless LAN too, I become aware of that the WLAN light is off. And also I am not able to get the web interface still I manual put my LAN card to 192.168.1.2/255.255.255.0. I think the configure web is distorted by my ISP, is there some way to configure the HG520v? Or totally I have to rearrange the router? Tell me what to do?

Re: Not able to configure the router

I do not know related to this that whether it will work in your case or not but it works in my case and now I do not have any kind of issue related to this. In this you just attach the computer to the modem and make sure if you are able to obtain online. If you are able to obtain online then tick on StartMenu-->Run-->type "CMD"(Click OK). Command prompt will come into view then type "ipconfig" and discover the ip address

I am also going through the same situation and regarding this I have visited most of the forum site but whatever the solution is given over there I have tried most of them but nothing of then work for me. So regarding this if anybody has solution then help me. And I have also asked about this on the Microsoft but till now I did not get any of the reply from that side.

I know little bit on configuring the router and regarding this, I hope it will work in your case. And that is enough so just go through this.

1. Before you go any further, print these instructions. You'll be temporarily disconnected from the Internet, so while you're doing the installation, you won't be able to get to this page to refer to the instructions.
    2. Locate your cable modem or DSL modem, and unplug it from its port to turn it off.
    • If you connect your modem to the wall in a similar way that you connect your TV to your cable television outlet, you probably have a cable modem, and it probably has a coaxial cable connected to it (like the round black or white cable you plug into your TV).
    • If you connect your modem through the phone lines, you probably have a DSL modem, and it probably has a phone cable connected to it.

3. If you currently use a dial-up connection to connect to the Internet
    4. Connect your wireless router to your modem. Your modem should stay connected directly to the Internet. Later, after you've hooked everything up, your computer will wirelessly connect to your router, and the router will send communications through your modem to the Internet.

Hey thanks buddy after try your solution which is suggested by you. And after trying this my problem get solved. So I will suggest others who are facing this kind of issue if they want they are able to go for this. But regarding this I am not sure that whether it will 100% work in your case or not but you that just give a try to this solution, maybe it will going to fix your issue.