Thread: Wireless drops connection while playing games

Wireless drops connection while playing games

I am having a Dell computer windows XP environment. Having the network connection in the machine. The router is the Netgear WNR834Bv2 along with the wireless adapter as the ENCORE ENLWI-N PCI 2.3 Wireless Adapter. From the few days the internet is responding very slow in the machine, why it happens can’t understand, checked the driver and the adapter with the command prompt also, but found nothing for occurring like this. I usually use the internet for the video streaming and to play online games. The wireless connection is drops the connection frequently. Any solution for this problem, any suggestion will be appreciated.

Re: Wireless drops connection while playing games

You may try the solution which I am going to mention in the post, just few months ago I had the similar issue after that I tried this and now there is no problem in the network connection while playing the online games or to stream the videos. You just simply go to the control panel of your windows and then proceed to the network connections, then got o the properties of the wireless adapter by right click on the adapter. Look for the SSID and go to the properties window of that, in the second tab of the window will be the authentication or the network authentication, click all the option under that for the enable and click on OK. Close the window of the network adapter. Now try to connect with the internet and go for whatever you do in the internet. And still if you are facing the problem then I recommend you to bring another wifi adapter for the accessing the internet. this will definitely helps you to play online games.

I had the similar issue on my Dell laptop it also disconnects in every 5 minutes after the connection made. After that one of my friend suggest me a process which is works in my laptop and would like to suggest you that process for your problem. Try with this might be helps you to solve the problem. You first got to the device manager by right click on my computer of your desktop and then proceed to the properties of my computer and there look for the wireless card under the driver or the card option. Recommend you to update the driver of the card that you are using in the network service. Make sure that in the power management all the options are checked, and you problem with be fix with the process.

Relevant issue, while I tried to create the Wired Equivalent Privacy(WEP) connectivity in my home network. I tried to do this with the 128 bit hexadecimal encryption. Having the Dell XPS M1330 computer with the Intel wireless card. While I tried to connect the computer with the network it connect fairly but takes 20-25 minute to make the connection and after the few minute it automatically drops the connection. Until I reboot the machine and the router I am not able to fine the network again. Why is it happening? I tried every possible trick to overcome from the problem but nothing is works on this. Is there any problem with the wireless card any idea on this problem?

For the network connectivity the password that you are using for making the connection, make sure that one is protected. Clear that in the first level of the network configuration window. Go to the wireless adaptor option, I recommend you to synchronize that one with the wireless network. Then go to the device manager then go to the properties of the wireless card and upgrade the driver of that. Check the DSL modem whether it is working fine. and also make sure that there is no power saving turn. Is your NIC card is properly configured with the wireless network? If no then reconfigure the NIC card with the wireless network that you are using.

Similar issue with the frequently dropping the internet connection in my HP computer, I also use this one for playing the online. The problem is occurred when every time the game is on the loading mode after the select the game to play, the connection is suddenly drops the connection and it will resume after a few minute. By this I am not able to play the game through internet. I tried to reboot the machine along with the browser but it results me nothing. In the starting it works but after few minutes it again happens same, what to do? How to fix the issue?