Thread: How to configure Linksys Router?

How to configure Linksys Router?

Hi all I would like to know how to configure a Linksys Router? I am having many queries but trying to ask less as possible... First of all, I want to know about the configuration of Linksys Router. Since, I am newbie to router things, I am not having enough knowledge about it. I am thinking of a mega fiber and I can not configure linksys wireless router if anyone knows how to do it would be helpful. Please help me accordingly.

Re: How to configure Linksys Router?

How about, look, I'm just like you but we have already set up the linksys, in a nutshell what you have to do is the following:
    1. First reset the router to factory default
    2. If you got a fixed IP on the first screen (depends on model linksys) set ip you put it and put all the information you give them in Fibertel
    3. If you have dynamic ip, you set it to automatically obtains and ready
    4. The same window you set your LAN IP and netmask and ready on that side
    5. Looking through the options and that no model is a NAT says that what you have to be enabled to share internet and that would be in terms of configurations.

I recently bought the linksys router wrt54g and I did walk in 5 minutes. If not properly set, I estimate that he lacked the security aspects, but for now I works perfectly. Also I have a modem tp-link td-8610. As an ISP I have to Speedy. What I did was simply connect the line (RJ11) to the modem and from there connect to the RJ45 cable modem chips with the router. Once all the connections put the cd that came with the router where the principle guides you step by step how to connect everything and make it ready for configuration. Then you need to select which type of connection you got, static IP, PPPoE, etc. I as I have no knowledge on the subject I contact the technical support of Speedy and more or less guided me. Select the PPPoE option, full user name, password, etc.. All this data gives you the your ISP. With this we would be all set. For now I'm using my laptop via wifi and everything goes perfect. Soon I will connect a desktop PC to see if all goes well. But it really is simple and is a matter of minutes. I hope you serve something my contribution.

I have the same problem. Achieving the LAN to work properly through the linksys router (including remote pc via wireless signal), but can not get across the LAN to access internet through the modem. It also occurs to me that when I plug the modem directly to one of the pcs I can navigate safely. Moreover, in the router configuration panel, it tells me the parameters obtained by the ISP (I said that IP assigned, DNS is used, etc ...). But I can not browse the Internet. Any ideas?

See if you have separate modem and router, if so, then the problem is that both devices operate on the same network, eg 192.168.1. 1 and the router also has 192.168.1. 1 Therefore, changes in the router for another address eg 192.168.2. 1 and save the changes, then the router when you want to show the page you were on Work Related to the router and not by areca because the router ip changed, now you'll have to enter the new address that you put the outer. First of all you should reboot the pc's in your LAN to renew dhcp ip and friends if it worked. I hope this information serves you. Then you can come back to and activate your network. For this most isolated disallowed.

I called the UTP cable is like a telephone cable but the clips are larger where good or it can insert a cable to a LAN you ask crossed but depends on how you want it good meters and then insert it as normal as you will see when you plug the internet good or it is on your machine are 3 computers and a hole there and then insert it to your other machine. Now you TES me if you use windows there you'll start, you go to Control Panel, then you give network and internet connections then you look up a home network or office is the configured as you said and if not wrong I remember going to ask for a fixed or dynamic ip and subnet mask only because you have to change the ip, realize. Ip. 192.168.01 is going to be the principal or that the carrier will file and you will receive is 192.168.02 and so you'll succession to the other machine and you put ... 03 how many machines have you changed the last digit and let you leave the mask 255.255.255.0.