Thread: Facebook blocked by unwanted web filters

Facebook blocked by unwanted web filters

I was working with MS windows 2000 installed on my system. Few days before only i have installed a new version of windows. when accessing yahoo, gmail etc. accounts works fine. But the problem arises when i need to access my facebook account. The first time login and login is successful but after some time again login is unsuccessful displaying an error message saying that "It has been blocked by the web filter". I am not having any web filters installed on my system.

re: Facebook blocked by unwanted web filters

Web filter is a kind of software that can check the incoming web pages from internet before entering into your system. It will check for virus, malware etc. into that webpage and then after checking it will decide that the particular webpage is secured or not. Web filters is installed as a part of proxy server or firewall. Blocking is done by providing the IP address. You can search for that unwanted web filters and go to ADD or REMOVE programs and remove the web filter. After uninstalling the web filter reboot your system.

If the web filter is blocking some site you cab unblock it by following the below steps. The steps are as follows:

1. Go to a proxy site.
    2. Enter the website you want to access in the box provided to you.
    3. You need to select a proxy site from the given list and you will be directed to your website which you want to access.

The web pages you need to have access is blocked by some of the web filters and if it is not getting uninstalled from the ADD or REMOVE programs than you can use some special type of uninstaller available in the market for uninstalling these web filters. One of the uninstaller is “Perfect Uninstaller”. After uninstalling the web filter restart your system. Now you can access any web pages which you need to have access.

Steps to unblock a website are as follows:

• You need to download software named as Ultra surf.
    • Now unzip and run the .exe file name “Ultra Surf.exe”.
    • A window will appear in which you need to enter the proxy and port and then click on Ultrasurf.
    • Now the speed indicator color will change to blue and your status will be changed to ”Successfully connected to the server”.
    • Now you can open any website.

There are two ways for accessing the blocked websites:

1. Blocked sites are often stored as a list of URLs. So instead of typing the URL you can provide the IP address of that relevant website. You can obtain the IP address by using the ping domain.com command in the command prompt and this command will return you the IP address.
    2. There are search engine such as Google, yahoo etc which can cache webpages and the pages which are cached are stored in the search engine memory. These cashed pages are added to the blocked list. Select cache will provide you with a cache version of that page was updated that Google caches.