Thread: Auto update of norton antivirus 2009

Auto update of norton antivirus 2009

I am using the Norton antivirus from quite a long time to protect my system from outside attack that is the attack from the internet but from last two day I constantly get a message as “Your antivirus has expired and needs to update”, this message is frequently occurring on the Windows 7 system that I am using right now. So, what is the problem and how can I resolve these issue as I wanted a auto update to these antivirus; any suggestion on these topic will be appreciated to resolve the problem further suggest me any other antivirus which is better in performance as compared to the Norton antivirus.

Re: Auto update of norton antivirus 2009

If you want to update the Norton antivirus automatically from the system then you have to first go into the Norton antivirus home screen and after that locate the update button which is present on the left side of the screen. Then you can click on the update button which will take you to the Norton website and the update process will start. It will take some time for the update and then you have to complete the process by restarting the system, this will resolve the problem.

There is another method by which you can update the antivirus that you are using. The Norton website provides a number of the antivirus update patch files by which you can update the Norton antivirus. After the download of the patch file you need to start the update by clicking on the file. The update will take some time and the process will be completed be complete in 2-3 minutes, if then too you get a problem in the auto update then contact the support desk of the Norton antivirus for further help and support.

If you want to auto update the Norton antivirus then there is an option available on the Norton antivirus. For auto update you can first go in the auto update section and there is an option called as the periodic update. The periodic update will allow you to automatically update the antivirus at regular interval, you just have to set the time and the date for the next update and the update will take place at that time, these will resolve your problem. There are a number of the other antivirus such as the AVG and the Avast which are a good alternative for the Norton.