Thread: Getting an incorrect IP address while pinging to a peer network

Getting an incorrect IP address while pinging to a peer network

I have 3 systems using windows xp pro, all the three computers are running on a peer to peer network. Work-group name on the network is MAC. I have been demanding to set up various accounting software on the computer’s with first computer which is performing as a database server If I ping computer one from computer two at this time I am getting a creepy set of IP address. What do I do to get the correct IP address? Please suggest me.

Re: Getting an incorrect IP address while pinging to a peer network

As you have described that you are getting an incorrect IP address while you ping in the peer network. I think this is an issue which is occurring due to firewall. I would like tell to make sure if firewall for any pc which may be on but not allowing to sharing the network this may be also a reason why you are getting an error. I think try checking the firewall and see you might be able to get the desired solution.

For this issue which is related to the three system in the peer network. I would like to suggest you to allow the users of the network to share the network should be based on the permission. All the shares should be in the control and use the NTFS permission to assign rights. I think doing this may be able to get the desired solution.

This is normally happens due to the permission problem on the computer which you may not be able to access. I think you should be ensuring that the users who are using the machine should be in the same group and that group should be administrator. Or the users should have the common permissions. I think you should try checking all the things which I have stated you above. Try doing this.