Thread: Can’t see windows 7 pc's on network by new macbook

Can’t see windows 7 pc's on network by new macbook

I have bought a new core i7 macbook and a linksys wrt160n router. I have set a simple home network. When I first connected the router with the setup then I found that I was able to see all the computers which are there on the network. After that one of my friends logged into the router and from there he promoted a number of ports for gaming etc. Now My Mac is not able to show the computers on the network. Can you tell me that what is the possible reason for that? Thank you.

Re: Can’t see windows 7 pc's on network by new macbook

According to me, I think that the problem is related to the updates. To solve this issue you should keep the software and other things updated. Search for the latest release of that and download that. Install it in your system and see whether it solve the issue or not. This will remove the problem if that is related to the software update.

You will see the apple icon on the top left side of the window. Click on that icon and scroll to the 'Recent Items' in drop-down. You will be able to see 'Servers' list in the Applications and Documents. It should list that if you have connected that recently. You can click it and try to connect that again. You can give it a restart because in many of such cases I have seen that restarting solves the problem.

Thank you very much Spyrus for your suggestion. I was also having the same problem and I followed the suggestion that you provided. After that I found that I can see all the computers that were on the network. I would like to recommend all the people who are searching for the similar issue to do the same. I am sure that this will also solve your problem. Before this, I tried many things but all were useless and finally this helped me to get out of the problem. Just give it a try and see the result.