Thread: Low Ethernet port speed 10Mbps

Low Ethernet port speed 10Mbps

Is there any cause you all can feel about why this would be the case? I have a P55-USB3 GB port. Only just, the last only some days, the connection says it is only at 10Mbps. This is not actually being an issue but my internet connection is fairly a bit over that and before to this slight hitch I was receiving much higher velocities or speed. I have attempted reinstalling or removing or eliminating drivers but I just ca not find it back. Anyone have any ideas or opinion to solve this issue? Please reply if any ideas anyone has.

Re: Low Ethernet port speed 10Mbps

I think there is possibility that the network like router or modem or switch you are annoying to connect has boundary or limit to up to 10 Mbps only. Otherwise it can be that the present Link Speed of the Ethernet adapter might be enforced to 10 Mbps. To check this settings check the following steps:
    1. First go to start- Control Panel- Network Connections.
    2. In Network Connections, find for “Local Area Connection (LAN)”. Right click on it and after that go to Properties.
    3. In Properties window, click on the Configure button.
    4. In the subsequent window, just go to Advanced tab.
    5. Find for Connection Type, Media Type or Duplex Mode or Link Speed.

If the value is situated or set to Auto Negotiation/ Auto/ Autosense, attempt to force it to more than 10 Mbps that is at 100 Mbps.

There are too many reasons are there for this problem. Verify the cable is not scratched - preferably attempt with a fresh one. Reinstall the driver. The other choice is to force it in device manager. Was there some lightning over or above that weekend? Cabling can perform as a transmitter or as an antenna and allow the lightning persuade a present. You are getting gigabit speeds on the wireless? Possibly take the newest driver from Realtek or whomever and install that. It would be strange if that cracked it. Have you ever attempted a live CD of OS you are using? Because I myself have a 30 Mbps connection for a division of US values and that is approximately little compared to what I could be receiving.

I was going to advise trying to place the rate manually, but before that locks up the PC and the idea of an extension card is each and every one set, it emerges I am basically late. If you are enthusiastic to settle for impressive PCI-slot and extremely Taiwanese, don't be scared to ensure TP-Link or EDIMAX or something. You can save plentiful money that method, as long as unqualified receptiveness or momentum or speed is not foremost anxieties. Your trouble would go away all the same, only disable or stop the not working or faulty Network Interface Card in the BIOS to keep away from further problems.

Verify the Ethernet port Properties on the one amassing the pictures and make certain it is set to running at complete speed. Follow some steps below:
    1. Open Control Panel from start button.
    2. In control panel click on System.
    3. In system open Hardware tab.
    4. Click on Device Manager Button.
    5. Open Network Adapters
    6. Click on Ethernet Wired Network Controller which always exposed by brand name.
    7. 7. Advanced, inspect the situation or settings.