Thread: Microsoft Security Essentials provides same level of protections for all other browsers?

Microsoft Security Essentials provides same level of protections for all other browsers?

I have the desktop for me and I usually prefer them on top of the Laptops. I have Microsoft Security Essentials installed on the system. Well the thing is that I do not have any problem on the either side. I have both the things running well on the system without any issues. I just wanted to know what will be if I will use some other browsers instead of the Internet Explorer 8. I am asking this because I have Windows 7 on the system and I have read somewhere that Microsoft Security Essentials is somewhat biased when it comes for some other browsers. I have seen lot of issues with the Internet Explorer and hence I have always opted for the Mozilla Firefox. Is there something that you all can help me with? I have number of browsers on the system, but now after reading the article I am bit worried. Can you all please come up with some vital suggestions? Please help.

Re: Microsoft Security Essentials provides same level of protections for all other browsers?

I would also love to know the same thing. I am asking this because I too have a number of browsers on the system to name some I have Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari and the Microsoft’s favorite Internet Explorer. Also I wanted to add one more thing in the kitty. I have the Windows Vista running on the system and not the Windows 7 and I think that will make my query somewhat different when compared. Any suggestions for the same will be really appreciated. Please make it fast guys actually the thing is that I did not know anything like that and I was using the other browsers normally. I would like to know if that would have harmed my system. Thanks in advance.

Re: Microsoft Security Essentials provides same level of protections for all other browsers?

Well I do not think that the Microsoft Security Essential is biased in any sense the thing is that it treats or say it deals with the other browsers in the similar manner. It treats all the other browsers equally, but it totally depends on the Internet Browsers how they response to it. As the Internet Explorer is the product of the same Company viz. Microsoft there is no issue regarding the communication between them. When it comes to different products I have seen that they do not response in the manner so that the communication can be established. So I think that this is the matter that can be completely handled if that communication gap can be filled. Till now I have never seen any other browser doing that and hence I think that it will be not safe to roam on the net with other browsers. Wait and see if the they (Microsoft) can come up with any solutions.

I have also seen the same case. But I do not think that you will have to worry a lot Farahan, I have observed that the newer versions of the Firefox browsers have the support for the Microsoft Security Essentials and if you are using them then you will have no problem with that. I have seen that the Internet Explorer 8 and higher along with the Mozilla Firefox 3.5+ go hand to hand with the MSE. So if you are using the Internet Explorer 8 then you will be happy with the security feature that the MSE is providing but on the same note if you want to have the same level of security on the Firefox then you will have to get updated to the latest browser of the Firefox. Hope that this must have cleared some idea regarding the same.

I think after reading my post you all will be worried a little. I had read about one of the test and I think that can help you clear some of the ideas. Have you all heard about the EICAR Antivirus test file, I think you will be having a rough idea of the same if not then let me introduce it, it is basically a test file which is harmless and is used for testing the AV protection. If you also want to test it then you can get it from its official site. Regarding the test, when it was conducted using the Internet Explorer 8, i.e. when the file was open using the IE8 it was immediately reported by the MSE as the virus, but when the same was opened using the Firefox MSE failed to do so. So I am of the opinion that it is some what bad for the Firefox users.

Have you seen the integration sign of the Microsoft Security Essentials with the Internet Browser that you are using? Well I am sure that if you are using the Internet Explorer 8 and all the things are set well and everything is set fine, then you will be able to see the MSE on the Internet Explorer 8. It is the sign that says that the MSE is supported on the Browser and that you will have no security problems while browsing the Internet. I would suggest you to see for the same on the other browsers if you can see that thing on the browsers that you are using for accessing the Internet then you are free to run on the Internet using that particular browser. See if you can see that on yours and do report if you cannot.

Have you seen the integration sign of the Microsoft Security Essentials with the Internet Browser that you are using? Well I am sure that if you are using the Internet Explorer 8 and all the things are set well and everything is set fine, then you will be able to see the MSE on the Internet Explorer 8. It is the sign that says that the MSE is supported on the Browser and that you will have no security problems while browsing the Internet. I would suggest you to see for the same on the other browsers if you can see that thing on the browsers that you are using for accessing the Internet then you are free to run on the Internet using that particular browser. See if you can see that on yours and do report if you cannot.

Well thanks a lot I did not know the fact of the MSE getting integrating with the browsers. Well I just wanted to say that I have seen the integration symbol of the MSE on the Internet Explorer Browser which also helps me in selecting the sites. It warns me before I visit the sites that may contain some malware or malicious things. Great feature indeed. In addition to that I wanted to say I have seen the same sign with the Firefox browser of mine and if that is the case then I think that the Firefox supports the MSE and I can make use of the same for riding on the Internet. I think I am saying right and if I am saying wrong please inform me about the same before I start browsing.