Thread: How can I remove Smart Engine Virus from XP

How can I remove Smart Engine Virus from XP

I was running Windows XP on my laptop and there was not issue till yesterday but suddenly don't what has happened to my system that it started showing lots of viruses on my system all of those were detected by the Smart Engine. I have never installed this anti virus software on my system so how it started showing an infections on my system. Anyway, I just want to get rid of this thing as soon as possible. It has disabled my ms essential.

Re: How can I remove Smart Engine Virus from XP

Smart Engine is one more security application added up in the queue of Fake Security Programs migrating through an Internet. Smart Engine virus can easily infiltrate an intentioned computer by seeking an opportunity of security holes present on the system. These all ultimately makes you installing the Smart Engine without users knowledge. Once the PC has been targeted then plentiful false alerts is issued and deceive that computer is infected with virus. Every booting of Windows will give a fake virus scan showing several infected files and makes you to remove those viruses by getting the registered version of a program. This is the greatest tactic so far to endorse and advertise ineffectual anti-virus application. Pay no attention to it and Probably, ignore visiting unknown web sites and fake online virus scanner.

I suggest you to boot your system from the Safe Mode of the Windows operating system which might not be showing you such pop ups then you can begin uninstalling the anti virus software which has been installed on your system. And if you are not having any such program in your Add or Remove Program's list then you should scan your whole system by using the current Anti Virus software installed on your machine. Make sure that you have the latest version of that software or else it might not be able to catch the virus on your XP system.

I have noticed one weird behavior of these software which shows you many pops ups by infection on your machine. Even i was having the same issue on my system but when i logged in by using an alternate user on my machine then there was no any such pop ups and then i just removed it by using an Avast Anti Virus software which secures my Windows XP machine. Here i have provided you the LINK by clicking on which you can download an Avast Virus Definition.

If you anti virus software is not able to find any such virus then i suggest you to update your anti virus software from its official website which must be able to detect these viruses and then you can remove it. Till then it is recommended not to visit any such websites which you might be thinking as a risky one. Visiting any such websites might affect your infected operating system on more ways. The pop up which comes on your system are due the changes made in the windows registry by this virus which starts executing when your system starts loading the registries.

As these kind of viruses tweaks up with the windows registry, It is need for the system to be having latest or an advanced version of an Anti Virus software. There are many anti virus softwares which helps you to scan your system at the time when it gets booted. Actually i am talking about the boot scan of an Avast Anti virus.

If your anti virus software is not able to find any such virus then i suggest you to update your anti virus software from its official website which must be able to detect these viruses and then you can remove it. Till then it is recommended not to visit any such websites which you might be thinking as a risky one. Visiting any such websites might affect your infected operating system on more ways. The pop up which comes on your system are due the changes made in the windows registry by this virus which starts executing when your system starts loading the registries.