Thread: No Microsoft Security Essentials for XP 64-bit

No Microsoft Security Essentials for XP 64-bit

Most of the people are working by means of the XP 64-bit are left to give the impression of being for third party AV solution. So far I do not observe several beta variant of MSE for XP 64bit. No matter which planned for these users in the expectations. Can anybody tell me if you know that from where I be able to get the MSE for XP 64-bit. Or you can give me some suggestion regarding to the above topic.

Re: No Microsoft Security Essentials for XP 64-bit

The merely 64-bit download is for PCs working with the 64-bit version or description of moreover Windows Vista or Windows 7. That's a superior query. I do not imagine by means of the intention of there is a concluding reply to by means of the intention of yet additional than as of at present 64 bit Windows XP is unsupported.64 bit Vista and Windows 7 are sustained or maintained, perhaps you be capable to install the Windows 7 RC1 64 bit and install MSE (I be familiar by means of it's unrealistic, additional than it's an alternative). In view of the fact with the intention of XP 64 is a "niche" OS, regrettably, I do not expect to observe several development efforts being position into a 64 bit XP version or description.

Be deficient in of hold up or maintain for an operating system by means of the intention of was released 8 years ago. Rationalization to upgrading to the most recent OS and Security software seem attractive simple to me. And, I encompass helped an assortment of people (friends and businesses) do this, exclusive of argument. Essentially, even though Windows XP Professional x64 Edition was fashioned principally for business utilize and not the "casual home user" as Microsoft position it in their FAQ, even this is not the core reason by means of the intention of MSE does not hold up or maintain the OS. Here's the real clarification excerpted commencing the referenced MS Knowledgebase article, in view of the fact by means of the intention of MSE is merely premeditated to hold up the client operating system versions or descriptions and not several of the server based OS.

This means an completely dissimilar support track, which as you previously noted is sustained or maintained by Forefront Client Security, premeditated for medium to large sized business. In view of the fact by means of the intention of MSE exists completely for the individual consumer (Home/Home business user), nothing of the operating systems in the Windows 2003 branch actually be appropriate. You determine to always locate the odd exemption where an individual or student has a 2003 server or for a number of reason purchased XP x64, additional than the numbers are comparatively diminutive and do not justify the hold up cost by means of the intention of would be incurred.

I am quite certain you are able to inaugurate MSE on several Windows OS client or server, the most important thing here is by means of the intention of it determine to be stand-alone and without a server version or description with the intention of centrally manages the entire MSE client installations as the enterprise presenting does. I previously discussed this by means of MS reps. I utilize Avira AV for together 32 bit and 64 bit Windows. It's a free of charge explanation, and I reservation they contain as deep pockets as Microsoft. How be able to they afford to position out a explanation to the entire versions of Windows, when Microsoft not be able to or would not produce a description of their product for their have possession of Windows OS, no substance what kernel it's built on.

This make available them by means of a huge installed base for data compilation which in addition helps make available information in sequence to hold up or maintain their Forefront medium to enterprise business line. From the time when as you talk regarding, numerous of the third-party products hold up or maintain the additional specialized operating systems such as Windows Server, SBS and Windows XP x64 previously, there is not a clear necessitate in these produce areas. Microsoft is supplementary concerned by means of the mass consumer market which has exposed undoubtedly with the intention of it does not approximating to pay no matter which for protection and in addition does not be familiar with how to maintain with the intention of protection up to date.

I have comprised an XP Pro, Vista, and Win7 and I contain MSE on the entire three running completely whether its 32- or 64-bit. Whether you be able to install it on a server 32- or 64-bit is an additional thing, then the entire in excess of again if you encompass a server then you are a business so you be supposed to be capable to afford Forefront which is meant for businesses. Excluding if you are a student utilizing the assessment copy of a server to learn the system then you be supposed to in addition utilize the eval copy of Forefront. This is a uncomplicated concept to grasp. Is it your intention by means of the intention of most of them believe by means of the intention of Microsoft is a number of benevolent organization, exiting solely to assistance its subscribers, from side to side its operating systems for individual systems.