Thread: ERROR CODE 0.800106ba, what is this and what can i do about it?

ERROR CODE 0.800106ba, what is this and what can i do about it?

I am having windows 7 and using windows defender. Today when I start my computer I received an error code 0.800106ba. I did not understand what is this and Can any one suggest me what should I do so that this error is resolve?I have gone through support service but can't get service to start and hence windows defender service is stopped.Your effort will be appreciated.

Re: ERROR CODE 0.800106ba, what is this and what can i do about it?

If you have any other security tool install on your system such as AVG, McAfee, Norton, Microsoft Security Essentials they they might conflict with Windows defender. So you should disable it. Microsoft security essential has a built in Defender an it automatically disables vista's windows defender.So I think this problem is because of common compatibility issue with windows defender or with other security programs.

0x800106ba is an error for windows defender and when you have Microsoft security essential installed and try to ON windows defender, it was disabled by Microsoft security essential. If you are getting this error in Microsoft security essential then check the service by going to services Local.Go to start menu and select run and type services.mnc in RUN and press enter. You will get list and see in services Local for Microsoft Antimalware service check whether it's status is started. IF NO then right click on it and select properties, click start.Also make sure that the service in start up Type is set to Automatic. And if you are having issue when trying to start up the service then you need to reinstall the Microsoft security essential.Hope the information will solve your issue. If you have any further query let me know.

When windows defender is On you will get alert for spyware and if other software tries to install itself,try to run on your system or try to change windows settings.If the Windows defender is set to default setting then it will check for new virus, regularly check for spyware and will automatically delete any detected item.Follow to turn Windows Defender on or off:

1.Go to start menu and select all programs and click on windows defender
    2.Select tools and select Option from next window
    3.Under Administrator option uncheck the Use windows defender and select save.You may ask to provide administrator password for confirmation. Type the password .

This error also occurs in xphome service pack3,windows XP sevice pack 3, windows Vista,Microsoft security essentials and not only in windows defender. When you install Microsoft security essential sometime program icons disappear. In my case Microsoft security essential uninstall itself twice just after installing.Even programs like Media player disappeared.

Really it is not a normal behavior because disappearing application is unusual and may result in hard drive failure or any infection.Any other security software still installed on your system?As one possible reason to this you may have conflicting security software installed on your computer. So you just need to remove all other security software.Make use of clean up tool to remove security software. If this also fail to resolve your issue then you can open an email support case on Microsoft security essential website.