Thread: VPN Configuration Profiles iOS4

VPN Configuration Profiles iOS4

How about a bar display can only discuss so much ... Mainly because it does NOTHING at the reception ... The first iPhone 4 have in relation to the antenna, a "Failure by Design on file with the devices no longer or not as strong there is .. Apple has just screwed up. But Apple may indeed bollocks ... For other supporters something would be a death blow (remember times at Siemens and the S65 to be too loud warning sound - ok to admit that the cause was because by and large still stored slightly different ...) Just as they have built with iOS 4 Mist, which just are not in VPN connections work properly (only under certain conditions). THIS is an essential feature that it would be worth a) discuss and b) report. Apparently it was but even though Apple is known and confirmed as a bug not fixed? It reads anything about it, there is no change log .. Can one say what? I am the eternal Test and disappointed to be sorry ... I can not understand how such could go a beater by the QA an update to the part was useless overnight - at least for those who use it seriously ...

Re: VPN Configuration Profiles iOS4

Since you are sadly in the wrong forum - because the entire editorial recently, new iMacs and get iphone4 has the writing of such reports is difficult - not because the editors think one side or bribed even by the giveaways was - no, Apple has just OSX manipulated so that for each written negative - are made a toned, or even positive fact this product.

It would be news to me that able to use the Apple iPhone proles VPN. In this respect, the only negligible noise. VPN is still perfect. no matter whether the windows shit (PPTP, etc.) or the Cisco IPsec I used. L2TP over IPSec works with iOS4 (still no idea if it has changed with 4.0.1 now) def. not, or only with the mentioned conditions, which were also confirmed as though this may lead to problems with other clients. This makes it unusable. This was confirmed by Apple, plus there is a bug entry, and you can read it also in countless Apple forums postings. The PPTP implementation runs somehow very unstable - but who wants to PPTP, so not matter. IPSec is fundamentally and inherently somewhat problematic, especially if the case is not a Cisco remote station there.

I have installed now are the iOS4 on my iPod, I only have good luck with looooong and long waiting time (some 10-15 minutes) in the WLAN of my university, which runs with Cisco. Less than 3 was not a problem. The error is as follows: I connect to the wireless network (no encryption), I receive at full quality - then it's usually hangs and if I'm lucky, after 10-15 minutes it logged into the WLAN. After that VPN will then wonderful. In "normal" Wireless networks I have no problem, and not before the upgrade in the university. Does anyone know by chance the same problem and possibly even negative solution?

There is no longer with iOS4. The certificate is no longer recognized. Beautiful cheese. With the built-in VPN clients of Snow Leo I no longer come into the VPN network of the university since 10.6.4 ... this stupid iOS4 VPN does not work for me even more. As far as I know, recorded from Apple already in the bug database. There are probably not all encryption types affected. Hope for a quick resolution.

In my iPhone 4 i am was not able to establish VPN session from iPhone4 and then i have tried several solutions to fix this problem but that does not make any difference. After that i have modified second proposal to AES-128 and then my problem get solved. you can also try this solution.