Thread: DG41TX wake on lan from s5 problem(bug?)

DG41TX wake on lan from s5 problem(bug?)

I am facing certain issue with the lan book on my new motherboard. My new motherboard is Intel DG41TX. I am not able to get properly boot to my network pc's. I had tried changing the settings for that but nothing worked out. I had also updated my drivers to ensure that I am not using a outdated firmware version. Where I am doing wrong in this. Need help for the same.

Re: DG41TX wake on lan from s5 problem(bug?)

Basically if you have a protected network then for this operation, it is imperative that you are on the same network (LAN) that the target computer, ie whatever you want off remotely. But you know the username and password to a session of the target computer. Otherwise, it's impossible to do the same. You will need to know properly the topology of your network and other settings.

It must first check if TCP port 445 is open in the firewall for Windows in the target computer. To do this go to Start and then click on Settings. Then go to Control Panel and then click on the Security Center. Now click Windows Firewall and then go under the Exceptions tab. Here you can simply see a line Sharing files and printers. Choose it and then give ok. There click and Add Port and choose the TCP port 445. Reboot and check.

Try updating the bios of your motherboard and then check back whether it is working or not. The other is that you have to obtain the rights needed to execute a shutdown command on the target machine, you must run a NET USE command. Remember to record the address of the target machine, it is needed for control. If the same is denied then the wake on lan does not work.

Yes can obtain access from the net use command and that is quiet easy. For that click on start and then click on rn. Now type cmd and then in the does window - net use \ \ ip_machine_abc. After that add the username of an administrator session of the target computer and the password the same session. Once done you will get a message that the command completed successfully will appear.

It is important that you system must properly configured with the host computers. Then it is possible to do the same. The system uses the host machines files to boot and get direct access. That is done on the root level and you will need to look out for proper settings. Wake On Lan, as its name suggests, is to start a computer remotely over the network by sending a Magic Packet on the NIC of the target computer.

All network cards and all BIOS are not compatible with the reception of Magic Packet. Some old version or outdated bios on the host and client both machine can create the issue.For this operation, it is necessary that the source computer is on the same local area network (LAN) that the target computer, ie whatever you want to turn away. It is also important that you know the physical address (MAC) and IP address of the target computer. Otherwise, it's impossible.