Thread: D-Link DWL 520 and Windows 7

D-Link DWL 520 and Windows 7

I have a HP computer with recently installation of the Windows Vista 64-bit operating system. Everything was worked fine till the last day, but from the yesterday it not working good with the wireless card, using the D link DWL 520 PCI adapter for the router connection. I think there is hardware issue, am I right? Or anything else with the other issue? Suggest me how to fix the problem?

Re: D-Link DWL 520 and Windows 7

I already had the experience with the same problem. Reinstall the D-Link software, and remember that before that do not install the wireless card after reinstall the D-Link driver software in the PCI slot. Pull the wireless card and reinsert the card into the different PCI slot, if you face any problem while you using the above process. For that you have to get all the stuff of the D-Link for that you must clean the windows unused files.

There is a connectivity setting for physical installing the card in the PCI slot:
    1.Obtain the operating system driver from the D-Link suite.
    2.Copy and paste all the files from the CD to a newly created folder in any location.
    3.File the folder which is having the existing drivers of Vista and replace it with the new drivers.
    4. Run the set up file and this will install the D link in the PCI slot.

You have to install the card into the PCI slot, before that turn off the machine, and de-power the board. Go to device manger after window will start, then go to the “Network wireless card adapter” also uninstall the driver. Also check the hardware changes if you make in the last time. It should detect the wireless card and give you the message whether the driver is properly installed or not.

I suggest you to download and install the driver for the wireless adapter, it will comes with a zip file, extract the zip file , and run the set up file for installation. Remove/uninstall the existing software for the driver and also remove all the files from the registry and the temporary folder. There is no need to install any utility software for the operating system , it caused only for the driver.