Thread: Block facebook using urlfilter

Block facebook using urlfilter

I would like to block facebook on my office network. Installing ipcop & urlfilter, configuration, blacklist ... Done! But the problem is that most of the employees are able to find some way to pass the security and pass the http to https. I also tried blocking public IP addresses and a personal blacklist but it happens anyway. What solution is possible?

Re: Block facebook using urlfilter

I do not know what you use to address, but remember that if BOT is an outgoing connection firewall and not green. Otherwise, a reasonably effective means of cans is the DNS returning 127.0.0.1 for all derivatives of facebook.* (its circumvented, but ...)

Otherwise, yet another in the config squid to block the CONNECT method to the address of facebook, or better yet allow CONNECT on white list (as it avoids the SSL tunnels!)

At the same time I work as the network of my office and I made you from my experience.

BOT in IPCop proxy filter dedicated DMZ (a modest config did the trick....) up correctly, there is (from my point of view) no better way to solve concerns of small malignant who would try to bypass the protection put in place. I therefore agree with the judicious remark of Snake08. By comparison, last year, squid, and squidguard urlfilter in IPCop, bypassed protection (it was too....) facebook after one quarter. Perhaps I myself am in trouble you can tell me......

Thank you for your responses despite (probably) the lack of detail. I have more to try and implement it all. In case it does not work, I think I'll ask the institutions to sign a charter, it will be a little more afraid of certain knowledge that they can be punished.

If your IPCop uses DNS server, you can define a host with a static IP and can hop over to facebook. It seems that this solution has already been discussed on the forum in recent months. Info probably not too difficult to find. Thank you for who are new here to search the different forums to check if that does not already met the same problem as yours.

I tried different ways to block access to Facebook, but some employees have always found ways to pass the security. Then i decided to buy software called facebook limiter and finally found a solution that works great for me.