Thread: Want to make wireless connection with my work server using Shrew Soft VPN client

Want to make wireless connection with my work server using Shrew Soft VPN client

Hi,
    My system consist of OS windows 7 Home Premium. I am having a router as well. I want to connect my system using a wireless connection to the server. I have installed Shrew Soft VPN client on my system and through this i want to make the wireless connection. I have tried to connect it, but at the end it is not able to connect. So i require a help from you.

Re: Want to make wireless connection with my work server using Shrew Soft VPN client

I think that your network provider might not be allowing you to make the connection to the VPNs as you are trying to connect or make a connection using the wireless mode. I think that you require to follow the instructions of
    Shrew Soft's as it may allow you to make a special step for doing the wireless connection.

Re: Want to make wireless connection with my work server using Shrew Soft VPN client

Thanks for the reply.But i am able to do the same thing wirelessly on my laptop consisting of XP pro. But i face the problem of wireless connection only when i try to connect with the other laptop having windows 7 installed on it. Shrew Soft staff recommended me that they do not have VPN client for Windows 7 64 bit. What should i do now?

Even i was having the same problem while i was trying to connect it with my windows 7 64-bit operating system. After some days i tried to do the same thing with the windows 7 32-bit OS. I was amazed that it was working fine on this OS. It was working well without any problem. I will advice you for making the use of the win 32-bit OS.

I am to facing the same problem. I am having the same issue whether i use windows 7 32-bit or windows 7 64-bit. In both the system i am not able to find the solution. The problem is that when i try to connect it with the help of a wireless connection, then it never resolve DNS. I require a solution for this, so please provide me the one.

I have founded a fix for this issue. You will require to disable the Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter by going to the network adapters in the Network network and sharing center. I think that once you are over with doing that, then you will be able to make the wireless connection by making the use of Ethernet. Hope it will help you.