Thread: Linksys Router & ATT DSL Setup Help Please???

Linksys Router & ATT DSL Setup Help Please???

Last week I got DSL via ATT and I have their Motorola 2210 Modem installed on my major computer. I was looking to clip up my laptop to use Wireless ability as well as be clever to split my DSL connection. And also be clever to clip up my Sony’s PS3 for online admission, thus the cause I purchased the Linksys router. I do know what I am doing, if there are not a few lessons in to read for me. Here is the difficulty. I connect my laptop up and was trying to install the router from there and have it be the major PC in the home since my Desktop has no running CD player at the instant. I go via all the software and clip up the Router which I am totally 100% sure is captivated up right, and the Computer is not able to locate the router!! As I installed that software I have no time been clever to be online with my ATT DSL from the Laptop amazing about some sort of setting in the System Name Field.Its empty and I don’t recognize what I require to input there to obtain it to effort. Query is, how in the world do I obtain my Laptop (running Vista Home Premium) to know the Lynksys Router so that I can clip up my Desktop as a minor PC and my Sony PS3...am I creation brains??

Re: Linksys Router & ATT DSL Setup Help Please???

Ok I think so default IP address of your Motorola 2210 Modem is 192.168.1.254 and it getting clash with Linksys’s 192.168.1.1 IP address. Do not utilize the default setup CD. Cut off your router from modem. Attach your laptop via CAT5 cable that you got with Linksys to the LAN ports on the Linksys. Now open your Internet Explorer browser and write http://192.168.1.1 in to the address bar. Now just Login as admin/admin and modify the IP Address of the Linksys to 192.168.2.1. Cut off the laptop and reattach the DSL modem to the Internet port of the linksys. Discover the wireless network named linksys and attach. I think so now you will use internet.

Thanks a lot Mr. Milton.J fro this useful replay. You know I was struggling with this problem from last one month. I searched on Google for the solution but nothing helps me out. I made lots of experiments on my IP address but nothing help me out. I called to ATT and they told me to repair this problem but they were charging me $100. It was huge amount for me. Now I am very happy bcz you solved my problem without money.

Thanks a lot for making this forum because lots of people were struggling with this problem. I have one question here; I use internet for online radio. When I launch radio on my laptop it did not work but when I launch it on my desktop it work. On both systems, I am using windows Vista. Please tell where the problem is. I love listening online radio during my works but nowadays I am not using this function.