Thread: Will i be able to play COD modern warfare 2 over LAN?

Will i be able to play COD modern warfare 2 over LAN?

Hello,
    I like gaming on the computer. The game i like the most is the modern warfare 2. I want to know that can i play this game on the LAN without having the active internet connection on my computer. Please tell me that whether it is possible or not? If you have any info related with this please make the post on this forum. Thanks.

Re: Will i be able to play COD modern warfare 2 over LAN?

Even i like this game very much. I wan to play this game on the LAN, with the help of two players. I dint know any method to this. I really want this thing to be implemented on my system. Can any one tell me that how will i do this out. I know a little bit that, we have to get connected to a server and a switch for this playing this game on the LAN, but require more info.

I think i have the fix for this problem. The two computers which you are having at the home, you will just need to connect this two computers using a CAT5 or CAT6 cable to the LAN port. After doing thew connection go to the multiplayer game choice and now you can start the game on the LAN. I think that the solution provided by me will solve your issue. If not then reply me back.

Even i am trying to play this game on the LAN. In the game when i go to the spec-option and click on the multiplayer game, then i am not able to see any option for the LAN. Instead it is giving the message that " i will require to sign in the steam in online mode to play". So i guess that i require a active internet connection. Require some help.

I think that for doing this you do not require a LAN. For playing the multiplayer game you require to sign in the stream. If you have the stream account then it is OK or you will require to create a new stream account. If you have the legal copy, then only you can create the stream account. When you are installing the game it will prompt you to create the stream account. Sign in and play the game.