Thread: Issue on Linksys modem and cable length

Issue on Linksys modem and cable length

I have a DELL computer with the Windows 7 operating system. And in my office there is a computer which is compatible with the Windows XP operating system. I would like to make a connection between them within the same building. I tried by plug in with 4 port Linksys BEFSR41 modem. With the CAT 5e cable run s about the 200 ft in the building. Then extend it to another 100ft long, but does not getting the speed. Is it for the maximum extending? What is the maximum distance I can extend it? Any advice should be help me.

Re: Issue on Linksys modem and cable length

According to your post, I know that the maximum length of the cable is supposed to exceed up to 328 feet/100 meters. Though the readymade cables are can extend at a length of 100ft. In this matter the 328ft extending matter will be harmful in the speed of data transmission. The plastic case is not able to transmit data if there is a long distance cable is using. If you are using the maximum length then suggest you to shorten the distance of the cable.

The Attenuation and data transmission speed is the main factor; the maximum length of the cable should be depend on these two things. Though if you are using a distance of up to 300ft of the cable length then there should be no problem in the transmission. If you are using 300ft as the distance of the cable as for the connection in couple of machine then it seems to be good. In 300ft the Attenuation of the Ethernet cable should be able to transmit.

You mentioned that you are using CAT 5e Ethernet cable; this cable is good for the using with the high power processor, which is plug into the wall. I would like to know which power protector you are using? Then that will stop or throw the breaker that will appear while the rips are lighting. And will harmful for the hardware, it can destroy all the pieces of the hardware file, those are attached with it. So for that you should check the your router for the cable plug-in.

By extending the Ethernet cable up to the outside of the building, that means in a maximum range, it will increase the worry of the lighting. The switch will not melt quickly. A simple network lighting is a solution. You can also Ethernet extender instead of extend the cable up to a long distance without a HUB. But the problem is sometimes the HUB will not give you the full Bandwidth and go to the lower version.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever