Thread: GSM Signal Strength

GSM Signal Strength

Hello,
    I'm trying to make a relay to amplify the signal active current GSM (Orange) There are actually some amp on sale but the price is too high. I await your help, I have some basic electronics and a lot of willpower. If you can help me or suggest me with some other techniques, it would be great. I thank you in advance.

Re: GSM Signal Strength

The use of an amp of this type can be conceived only a power source rather consistent. (Home or car) because a laptop can reach a transmission power of 2 watts is from the relay. It is the power used in the worst of power automatically decreases when approaching the relay mobile. So if you with 2 watts qq trouble with the relay, multiply the power radiated by 2.3 or even 4 times to expect an improvement. Multiplication by 2 will give us 4 watts HF. This means, for the performance equal to MAX 1 / 4 or 1 / 3 at these frequencies (there is not bad!), The consumption of the system is 16 watts (25% yield).

The realization of an amp is certainly possible (though for a beginner this is not an easy one). But the problem is elsewhere. In the use of a laptop the transmit / receive switch are automatic and instantaneous. The user receives no genes at the same commutations. Realize these things is not easy either.

When on the laptop issue the command vox HF (automatic and instantaneous switching cycle) by taking part emission. Less signal relay switches in the transmission and the end of the phone signal is applied to the input of the amplifier, The exit is in this case connected to the antenna. The difficulty is to follow the flow of conversation so that this command does not cause weakfish in the transmission. The easiest way to increase range is to improve vehicle roof antenna.

If having a "strings attached" is not a general, there is a very simple solution. The fact insert a amp would have a constraint of "strings attached"). If access to your roof is not insurmountable and that your laptop has a connection antenna, just put an external antenna connected to the laptop via a coaxial cable type satellite.