Thread: Using 100mbps Router i want to Setup gigabit home network

Using 100mbps Router i want to Setup gigabit home network

I want to do a work that is want to setup my home network with gigabyte speeds and also i am having a gigabyte LAN on all my computers. I have a problem that i do not ant to invest to much money on it, so i don't want to buy a DRAFT-N router, because it is expensive. What i need is a wireless connectivity a/b/g standards. I also have a DSL modem. Provide me some information on this issue.

Re: Using 100mbps Router i want to Setup gigabit home network

According to best of my if you are routing your DSL first through the router having a capacity of 10/100 mbs, then secondly through the Gigabit switch which you are having in your network. By doing all this thing you will create a bottleneck through your router. There might be case such that switch maybe showing 1 gbs of speed, but you will be getting a low speed as compared to 1 gbs.

I do not agree with the thought of the vodka. According to me if the router is rated 10/100 it does not matter at all, because i don't think that the DSL is capable of 10mbs let alone 100mbs. What i fell is that there will not be any bottle neck created there. I feel that the gigabit connection will help in transfer speed. Hope have provided some help to you.

By referring your post and a article on the internet i have gathered the following information regarding your issue. With all the devices and proper setting you will get a speed of 1Gbs from one computer to other computer. You will get a speed of 100Mbs from a computer to the internet and will get a speed of 10Mbs from the router to modem.

I tried the above thing but it is not working for me. The router which i am having is assigned to the IP and have not assigned to the gigabit switch. I see that the transfer rate is falling down to 100mbs between the computers. How can i make it bypass. Even one more problem is faced by me; i cannot talk to the other computer when the other one is not authenticated.