Thread: Ethernet cable not detected on Windows Vista

Ethernet cable not detected on Windows Vista

I have been using the Ethernet Broadband internet which is running on my windows vista operating system. And I am using this for an above one an half year. But suddenly yesterday onwards the onboard Intel Pro 10/100 Ethernet Adaptor is not able to detect the Ethernet cable. Just to check the I have connected it with the Ethernet Adaptor but there also it is not able to detect the cable. After this I have connected it through my laptop on which windows XP is running and there it is instantly able to recognize and now it is working properly. So to fix my issue I have re install this but even though the problem is remain there. I am not able to understand why both Ethernet adaptors of my desktop is not able to detect the cable which is connected. Please tell me what to do?

re: Ethernet cable not detected on Windows Vista

This is the problem which I have also faced. So I know the situation in this. Like you I was also very much worry about you then I have taken my cousin’s help. He told me to use the New IC an existing PCB Pin for Pin and for the Pkg Adaptation. I have did like that and from that day onwards it working properly So I will suggest you that you go for this hope it will also fix your issue.

I have mentioned here also that I have checked this on the other platform also and there it is working properly. I have checked this win XP and there it is fine. But when I connect this with desktop on which vista is running it is not able to detect that. And there at the time when I connect this, the green LED light it was not able to flicker. And in this also I have noticed that in thing one thing is common that is both the desktops not detecting the cable is that they have 10/100 Mbps Ethernet adaptors, where as the laptop which is identifying, it has the Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit 1 Gbps Ethernet Adaptor. I have to ask here is that this is occurring due to the two different types of Ethernet Adaptor?

Sometimes back I have also faced this issue at that time I have looked so many forum sites to fix my issue but it was remain there then I have seen my cable and I have found that there is a problem in the cable because of that only it was not working. So I have corrected it and then it is working properly. And there is a possibility that the cable got stepped on / bend weird / male plug pulled on? So you just try the other cable I think it would fix your issue.

Whatever you are suggesting like to change the cable it the rare case and I hope he have that much of mind and he has already checked that thing because it is the common thing if there is any issue related to the Ethernet so first you will check it’s cable. Because I have also face this and I have checked the Ethernet on three Ethernet adaptors on my two desktop and all aware not able to detect that so in last I have changed this. So I think in last you have only this option if it is not getting solved.