Thread: Dell Inspiron 1520 w/intel AGN - Can see networks but can't connect!

Dell Inspiron 1520 w/intel AGN - Can see networks but can't connect!

I just newly purchase a Dell Inspiron 1520 with Vista Home Premium and the Intel AGN 4965 card. All appeared well until abruptly, I am not able to connect to ANY wireless system that my card observes. At present, I am able to see four wifi networks counting my own. I am not able to attach to any of the non secure networks. Mine has WAP security on it. When I attempt to fix to mine, it prompts me for my password, accepts it, but then I still am not able to connect. So regarding this what should I do?

Re: Dell Inspiron 1520 w/intel AGN - Can see networks but can't connect!

Regarding this have you contacted Dell? Because it is really hard to give you any suggestion without seeing the exact settings. And it is really easy. One thing to try: Click on your wireless network, choose your signal, tick alter higher settings, and pick Internet Protocol (TCP/IP). Make sure both are regular or place to what yours needs (should be auto though). Mine obtained modify the other day and though I was "connected" I could not obtain on the internet.

In this I am also facing this and problem is I am not able to even connect. I have had the difficulty that I am able to connect but not able to get on the internet. And this is not the case. So I am not able to still connect to the router I see. And regarding this I will call Dell tomorrow.

Sounds similar to an MS matter that my friend was having through his Lenovo. You might want to make sure the Forums about it. I not remembered the matter/solution, but it sounds very alike, Lenovo told him three times to re-install factory defaults, and yet it was MS the whole time. Let me see if I am able to find something in the e-mail he CC'd me in on that he sent Lenovo.

Actually I have got this same issue on some other forum side. And that was also very similar to this. And that problem was resolved by turning off the Bluetooth advanced discovery or something. Currently I do not have Bluetooth and I am not able to appear to find the link now. You might turn off Bluetooth and see though. I will seem for the link.